Kim Delaney

Yanked Off Stage

At U.S. Military Event

9/23/2011 6:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_kim_delaney
"Army Wives" actress Kim Delaney had to be escorted off the stage at an event honoring the U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in Philadelphia last night after slurring and stalling her way through a very bizarre scripted speech.

Several high ranking U.S. officials were present during the award show -- and 3 former U.S. presidents made special video tributes for the event.

It's unclear what caused Kim's bizarre behavior.

Delaney has had issues with substance abuse in the past -- she spent some time in rehab for alcohol abuse in 2003.

Calls to Kim's rep have not been returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

YouDontSay

WOW. Why cant i have money and be famous.

James R. - Los Angeles

What a stoner! Go back to rehab!

moxie

Wow. Gave her "the hook", didn't they??? She didn't look or sound too good.

Rotter

Why would they let this has-been dummy onstage?

anony

"It's unclear what caused Kim's bizarre behavior."
Oh, come on.
Read the rest of what you wrote and put two and two together.
She's the next celebrity up for time with Dr. Drew.

LoudMouth

I would still do her.

Delaware D

USA! USA! USA!

ML

This made me sad. Hope she gets help

tastincel

I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt..she is obviously reading a script she most likely didn't write and is unfamiliar with and it also looks like maybe she can't see/read it very well?

Memememe

Yeah come on TMZ. Clearly she's drunk or on some substance. And she wasn't "yanked" off the stage, either. Stage personnel basically rescued her and she left willingly.

cindy

I love Kim Delaney! I liked it when she played Jenny on All My Children. I don't think she was slurring her words, she was hesitating words at times. Regardless, if she needs help then I hope she gets it. She's a good person.

chewybang

I don't think she's drunk. Home girl just needs new glasses!

Al R.

Wow, What a mess. Of course her reps will say she was dehydrated and wasn't wearing her contacts. >rolleyes

Bobo Frog

Teleprompter mishap. I was waiting for her to say "Boom goes the dynamite".

Frank E DiVito

Unless you can see the prompter crawl, you cannot say with certainty she was anything other than trying to read an awkward script that was unfamiliar to her. Yes she should have rehearsed it prior to delivery, but who knows the dozens of reasons possible why that could not happen.

Yet the "angle" that works for your purpose in substance abuse. Low Blow Harvey. Remember that the next time YOU are reading prompter and the operator or script aren't up to speed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments