Kim Delaney

Yanked Off Stage

At U.S. Military Event

9/23/2011 6:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_kim_delaney
"Army Wives" actress Kim Delaney had to be escorted off the stage at an event honoring the U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in Philadelphia last night after slurring and stalling her way through a very bizarre scripted speech.

Several high ranking U.S. officials were present during the award show -- and 3 former U.S. presidents made special video tributes for the event.

It's unclear what caused Kim's bizarre behavior.

Delaney has had issues with substance abuse in the past -- she spent some time in rehab for alcohol abuse in 2003.

Calls to Kim's rep have not been returned.

bob

why is an actress invited to speak anyway?

sh

Oh Kim, I know she is hurting today after that. Look at her affect.....she is clearly drunk. Kim, please continue treatment.

Wendy

I just finished watching The View where Kim Delaney was on for the tribute to All My Children. She looked stunning and very much in control of herself. I was very saddened to see this TMZ clip of her behaving in such an unhealthy way. I pray she gets the help she needs to get her life and career back on track. I'm rooting for you Kim!

JMO

If she was struggling to read without glasses and/or contacts why didn't she just say my apologies I'm having trouble reading the promtor. I think she clearly was on something but who knows.

Mira

Wow....so this is what the definition of 'hot mess' looks like! Come on people, you don't have to even listen to what she has to say, one look says it all..............

juden

Obviously she's sloshed, just look at her hair!

Get help girl! This is embarrassing to watch

J.B.

They killed her buzz. Such mean people.

A.M.D

Obviously drunk or high, look at her hair. She looks like she just stumbled out of bed.

anonymous

It looks like she is squinting at the teleprompter. I think she's great on Army Wives. This was an unfortunate event. If she has a substance abuse problem I hope she gets help.

Ray

and a tat, my Jenny and all these years I thought you died in a jet ski accident...Show wasn't the same without her

afjioeqjioe

That is bizarre behavior but very hot.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I don't know, but it appears to me that she's having problems with sight, not booze. If you compare her "bizzare" behavior with Anna Nicole's in the past, she doesn't seem that bizzare at all. Maybe blind and embarrased is more like it.

TheFinalAnswer

Bob Saget left his wife for this pathetic waste. This truly is America's Funniest Video. Hey Bob, does she at least get the 10 grand?

Phillychick

K.D. clearly had major issues that were very bizarre but I watched the entire ceremony on TV and Bob Woodruff seemed to have issues reading from the teleprompter too and there were microphone issues as well throughout the ceremony. I was surprised by the low quality of the production as I watched in on 6 ABC here in Philly. Only Bob Gates seemed to speak well.

Elizabeth

She was on The View this morning, celebrating AMC, and she did not look good. She was coherent, however.