R&B Singer Vesta Williams

Dies in L.A. Hotel Room

9/23/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0923_vesta_williams_exd
R&B singer Vesta Williams -- best known for her 1989 hit "Congratulations" -- was found dead in an L.A. hotel room yesterday ... TMZ has confirmed.

Loads of Vesta's celebrity friends have posted messages on Twitter about the news -- including actress Jackeé Harry who wrote, "...just received truly devastating news: R&B great, and my friend of many yrs, Vesta Williams (@vesta4u), has passed away. #RIPVesta"

53-year-old Williams had a string of R&B hits in the 80s and 90s including "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and "You Make Me Want To (Love Again)."

update_bar
10:12 AM: Law enforcement sources tell us ... Vesta was discovered in a hotel in El Segundo. We're told officials do not believe foul play is suspected.

hotbitch

Awwww, that is sad. That used to be the song back in the day. R.I.P. Vesta

Yurra Knutz

TEARS! (sniff)

Theresa

My condolences to the family of Ms. Williams I believe that her spirit will always be with her family, friends, and fans through her musical legacy she graciously left for us to remember her.

Moe

RIP Vesta you will be missed dearly, but never for gotten

jackie

R.I.P VESTA WILLIAMS.I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU OR YOUR BEAUTIFUL SONG"CONGRATULATIONS".:(

anon.

R.I.P.

thatoneguy

once again..who?

dolly

My heart is breaking, My sincere condolence to Vesta's family. She was truly unique, one of those one of a kind singers.

Barbarascy

So many of the entertainers that I grew up with are passing on now. The list is impressive, but I bet they are jammin' in Heaven! RIP Vesta!

john johnson

r.i.p. to vesta. as for her so-called friends, where the hell were ya'll when she needed ur help? and now everyone takes to tweeting condolences??? nothing but frauds. unbeleivable. she may STILL be alive if someone acually gave a dam about her well being! such true friends.

Let's Chill

This is truly heartbreaking.

Vesta was a MAJOR TALENT and put everything into her music. A real class act with a melodious voice.

She was so underrated like a lot of the greats before her and now she's gone.

I absolutely love her music and I miss her already.

R.I.P. Vesta.

Condolences to her fam & friends.

Big Mamma Cornbread

A voice from the heavens above..R.I.P Ms.Vesta.

Ray

R.I.P. Vesta

C and C Benson

I was stuck on listening to Phyllis Hyman all day today. I wondered why she took her life. She was so talented. And, now Vesta. Oh, how I pray that her death was accidental. She was such a talent. Her voice will be missed. Her presence will be missed. I pray that she had accepted our Lord Jesus Christ in her life before she left this world. God bless her family throughout this very difficult time. You will be in our prayers.

Luther smith

what reason for this singer Died in the Hotel?
Wayfair Coupons