DJ Qualls

Vancouver PD Beat Me Up

For No Reason!

9/24/2011 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0924_DJ_Qualls_bn
DJ Qualls posted dozens of messages to his Twitter page early this morning, detailing what he says was an unwarranted beat down he took from a Vancouver police officer.

Qualls -- best known for his roles in "Road Trip" and "Memphis Beat" -- says he witness a fight in the street and tried to ID one of the attackers to a police officer, but that officer immediately turned on him and threatened to arrest him. He claims the officer tackled him to the ground, busted his face, handcuffed him and "Taunted me for 1/2hr b4 the ambulance came. I was held, no calls, no attorney. AND I had to pay an $800 ER bill. Free healthcare, Canada?"

0924_dj_qualls_reg_twitter_2
Qualls, who ID'd the officer by name, said he plans on taking the matter up with internal affairs and wants to be reimbursed for his hospital bills.

Calls to Vancouver PD were not returned.

update_bar
A rep for the Vancouver PD tells TMZ they are "not aware of the incident" or "who Mr Qualls is." The rep went on to say they encourage anyone who feels like they have a complaint against the department to file a report, but would not comment any further.

Deidre

Being a Canadian from Vancouver Island and living in Vancouver, I do know that Canada harbors violent and unruly cops. I have first hand experience in their violence and thirty years ago in Victoria B.C. was beaten so badly by 5 cops who put me in their elevator to take me up to cells, and had seen the one cop with the thick telephone book, thinking, here we go....last thought. Woke up the next morning to the matron keeping a bedside vigil on me and when ordered to be taken to the hospital by a judge....(and by the way, I didnt do anything except leave the bar drunk and was heading to a restaurant for coffee and food with friends)...the cops that took me to the hospital told the emergency department that i was in a car accident. YES, these mofo's got away with it. I was also threatened with death if I spoke out about it and for sure they would have kept that threat. These cops in Canada are violent, very violent and I avoid them like the plague, have no use for them and HATE them all with every inch of my being. The Vancouver cops have no excuses for this.

D-Ray Vision

You should of just given him the "CRAZY EYES" and that cop would of been pissin' his pants...

Denise

They have a reason to beat him up. They lost the Stanley Cup they're very angry still!

jade

Welcome to Canada. Vancouver police have a reputation of being a bunch of thugs. Good for you for trying to be helpful, keep it up and don't let the police get away with this kind of treatment. As for being a snitch Real Men don't use violence and don't beat women so if trying to be helpful is being a snitch, wear it proudly.

thomas

When there is a fight, your only safe choice is to get as far away as possible. Anyone found in the vicinity of a fight is likely to be thrown down, beaten, and arrested. It doesn't matter if you are in Canada, the U.S., Iraq, or Mexico. Beatings of suspects are normal and accepted.

karlew

Free health care for Canadians. This idiot doesn't pay a cent of tax here, (and believe me we all pay a butt load of tax) why should he get free health care? Sloppy not to mention stupid reporting TMZ, so about par for the course.

GailS

I bet he'll leave the next time a cop tells him to get of out the area.

some guy

Meh... what do you expect from Canada. There's a reason I keep the bar low for those clowns. Like the rest of you.

haa=ha

IT'S NOT FREE HEALTH CARE WHEN YOUR AN AMERICAN CITIZEN YOU IDIOTS ! LOL.....CAN I COME TO THE CRAPPY USA AND GET FREE HEALTH CARE? OH NO WAIT; I'D HAVE TO MORTGAGE MY HOUSE, SELL MY DOG,WIFE & CARS JUST TO GET STICHES. LOL.

Deuce

Nobody in Canada wants to be a cop because of the ridiculous drug laws. So the cops here draw their talent pool from little peens looking for a position of authority. The police in Vancouver killed a man having a heart attack a few years back and they routinely pick on the lower income population for their perverted kicks, and the RCMP quota system for promotion.

Nicole

As a Canadian I have to say that A) if this did happen, it's typical corrupt VPD, and on behalf of Vancouver we are sorry. B) HEALTHCARE IN CANADA IS NOT FREE!! We pay taxes for it. Americans need to understand that, I am so sick of hearing about our "free" healthcare. We pay a LOT of tax to pay for our healthcare.

c,mcfarlane

You didn't get free healthcare because you're not Canadian, Dumbass!

M.T.

That sucks DJ! You rock and I bet someone in that crowd was related to that cop otherwise why would he do that...fkin lame man!

Seriously

Health care in Canada is not free we pay for it with our taxes. If you do not live in Canada then you have to pay for it!!!! Moron.

Jeff

Because we have "Free Health Care" in Canada, doesn't mean anyone from anywhere can come here and expect to be treated for free. It is "free" to Canadians, stupid. "Free" if you pay taxes here and "free" if you are a registered Canadian. Maybe if you'd kept your mouth shut when you were repeatedly told to, you wouldn't have gotten your celebrity ass hauled into jail. Next time, do what you're told.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments