Southwest to 'L-Word' Star

Passengers Complained About

"Excessive" Lesbian PDA

9/26/2011 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_SW_EX
Southwest Airlines
claims it only kicked a lesbian "L-Word" actress off a flight today after multiple passengers complained about her "excessive" affectionate behavior with another woman.

As we previously reported, Leisha Hailey went on a Twitter rampage hours ago -- claiming a flight attendant booted her and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Now, SWA has released a statement ... explaining, "Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive."

The statement continues, "Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight."

Still, SWA notes, "We are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectation."

bimmer

ok 2 girls grinding on top of each other while on a flight is not standard flight behavior. Lesbians need to tone it down. I dont think its a good idea to be knocking one out while in coach.lesbians need to be more tolerant.

deniro

who are we to judge others and comment on their lifestyle? if they were not ripping eachother clothes off.It was no reason to remove them from he flight.

David Nolte

Act like a rutting-goat in public, then play the "homophobia" card. Hmm, classy.

Blue

Like my grandma used to say "I don't care what you do, so long as you don't roll around in the street and scare the horses while you do it"
These ladies needed to get a room, it had nothing to do with being gay.

Lina

Hey Southwest! Did you ever stop to think that two straight people kissing is offensive others? I have *NEVER* heard about you kicking straight people off of a flight for kissing. You are just ignorant and it makes me sad for you.

Jeff

It is obvious her and girlfriend created this antic for publicity. What, does she have a new show coming out? Is she trying to remain relevant and unforgotten as a gay celeb? If I were SW, I'd sue her outright for damages for any loss of revenues due to her slanderous tweets.

Big Corona

Peeps need to keep there believes to them self's everyone has the right to show love in there way no im not gay or black or anything its 2011 grow up and let life go on and S.T.F.U

Ashley

So by your 'reasoning'if a pedophile thinks he has a right to show his love to a kid, and since this is 2011, I should shut up and let him. Get a clue.

Chris

Good for Southwest. I really don't want my kids seeing two freaks of nature making out and I sure as he** don't want to see it myself. Keep it at home, for God's sake.

pancake

jelous ugly wives i bet the husbans were piss

Jo

Flyboy,didn't the person just explain what they saw on the flight. What more do you need to know?heavy kissing and groping. Eh don't think you need any more info you got it case closed they were wrong get over it. It's not a gay thing....your making it that. If I saw a man grab his girlfriend or wife's tits or her is balls I'd be irritated too and if I had kids with me I'd freak the **** out. Gay straight I don't give a ****,behave yourself to a certain point. A peck is alright here and there but this sounds like more. So you got your answer move on.

ken

Good for Southwest. I fly SWA almost exclusively and who wants to be on a plane with a couple of perverts. Let them and their ilk walk.

ChunkyLightning

Well since I have never in my life seen anyone told to stop making out in the straight community I have a hard time not believing this is bigotry. To those that say it wasn't because they were gay but becasue there is a time and place I agree no one wants to see you go on and on. I have never heard kissing someone is inappropriate.

Rene

Come on, this its bull**** if it was a straight couple people wouldnt say nothing at all but because it was a gay couple they got kick out. What does it matter if two people of the same gender kiss as logn they are not having sex or touching each other in privates areas in front of everyone who cares if they kiss or not. I will not fly southwest and its the line i flight 99% of the time. My brother its gay and who cares if two people of the same sex kiss if straight couples do why they cant kiss.

Lisa

I am a lesbian I am completely disagree with PDA(s). There is a time and place for everything. If the LGTB Community wants to be respected they need to stop shoving homosexuality down everyone's throats. NO PUN INTENDED. If you want to make out with your girlfriend either go in the bathroom or wait until you get get off of the plane. Its called RESPECT.