Jim Jones

I Dropped $20k on Champagne

... IN ONE NIGHT!!!

9/29/2011 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0930-jim-jones-video-still

Rapper Jim Jones dropped $20,000 at a NYC nightclub last weekend -- buying 32 bottles of champagne ... and after that, dude hooked up his server with a PHAT ASS tip ... TMZ has learned.

The "We Fly High" rapper took over Greenhouse on Saturday night to throw a little birthday shindig for a good friend ... and apparently, money was no object.

Jim ordered 32 bottles of Moet Nectar Rose champagne -- totaling around $20k -- and after he was all bubbled out, he stacked on an extra $6,000 as a tip.

We spoke with Jones ... who tells us "We did 32 bottles because it was my man's bday, and where he's from you pop a bottle for every year of your birth, and that's exactly what we did for him."

BALLIN'!!!!

en Todo Momento!!

no big deal...i'm sure so did k-fed. on britney's bill, that is. big whoop.

Cujeaux

Never heard of him. I guess he doesn't want to remain rich for too long.

venessa

Ghetto is as ghetto does...many stars I am sure do big things for close friends for bdays etc...the difference is the ghetto ones write a statement about it for the world to know....money can't buy class.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

in two years he'll be trying to sell old gold chains to pay rent and child support. Get a life idiot.

oiasoidg

so ****in what! that's lame

Manymoney

Those bottles cost about $250-350 in any club in NY so he spent about $8000 to $11,200 do ur math tmz

right straight

He can claim it on his taxes

lisa

i hope u read all these post when u r selling off all your stuff to stay a float.Why not take a money course by property invest I always look back at were are they now why do black people show there stupidity in this way diamonds and bottles white people by stock and property this is were your dumb ass mama should voice her opinion

Vino Bellissimo

All I can say is that he got ripped off. 32 bottles of Moet Nectar Rose costs $1728 at my shop.

Vino Bellissimo

Boy he got ripped off... 32 bottles of Moet Nector Rose costs $1720.00 in my store. Next time you want to party that big, look me up. You can buy 350 bottles for the same price.

joecrabs

This is why they go broke once people quit buying their garbage music.

ATLBRAVE

Have any of you people on here ever heard of a TAX WRITE OFF?? These performing artist sometimes make that much just to show up at a club and host a party for 2hrs! They are often being paid to show up at clubs and perform at shows all year long even if they haven't dropped a hit in years! this 26K he spent at the club was equivalent to you or I dropping $135 on a night out with friends. Some people are just on another level that you can't identify with.

Kelly

Maybe the Buffett tax bill should have a Jim Jones amendment.

Meemie

Oh now THERE'S something to be proud of!!!! Why don't you take just some of that money you blow to make people like you and feed hungry children.. OH BUT I FORGOT, that would make you look like you actually gave a **** about people.. my bad..

Joao

Wow you're a big shot... bet you never dropped anything close to that to help impoverished BLACK people anywhere in the world, leave alone your back yard.

You want to brag *******-do something that makes a difference a difference in the world, piece of crap!!! I see more white entertainers doing more the colored people of the world than any of the pieces of crap black rappers or actors...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments