CBS Emergency

Suspicious Letter Targeted

Individual Connected to "DWTS"

9/28/2011 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

092811_cbs_ex_firetruck_v2
The suspicious letter containing white powder that triggered a crisis at CBS Studios today was addressed to a specific individual connected with "Dancing with the Stars" ... TMZ has learned.

While there's been controversy surrounding Chaz Bono's appearance on the show ... sources tell us the target was NOT an on-air personality or contestant.

As we previously reported, it was determined the powder in the letter was not a harmful substance.

A rep for the FBI -- which is investigating the matter -- had no comment.

The Love Sponge

First Babies

ciimonstr

hurry-up and snort it!

tmo

why would someone send this to CBS when DWTS is actually on ABC ? I'm little confused but it wouldn't be the first time........

mike

Someone has it out for Nancy graces Nipple. Ewwwwwww I just puked in my mouth again.

debbiedoesnothing

That doesn't make sense at all. DWTS is on ABC not CBS.

Trevis Miho

I don't know why someone would target Chaz Bono before Nancy Grace...Nancy Grace, people. I'd blow anthrax in her direction like MJ blew cue ball dust at dude in the Smooth Criminal video. I'm open to her winning me over, but I don't think she has it in her.

Leader of the ignorant masses

Three articles? Really? Clean up your site and condense the updates into one. At least i can see something besides the trial on the first page for once.

Amanda

I am a young and beautiful woman from us. I just think aol is a good place to meet friends. I just wonder if I can meet a rich daddy here, because I am at the beginning of my career and I need someone's support..I uploaded my hot photos on SugarBabyMeet.Com under the name babylove2000 , maybe you want to check out my photos firstly!

JUstin

Poor DWTS - I Guess The Nipple Gate thing hasn't worked , ratings were down another 14 % to 8 million , 8 million !! ..lol - That is unbelievably Pathetic. These folks were averaging 22 million viewers ..WOW - I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures...

tmz@frog.cc

Chaz out-shines Cher in controversy... her intention all along?

agold

Guys, I can barely see the watermark. Change transparency to -3000% next time. Really it's super diffucult to make out. (and any plugin to PS will get rid of that in a nanosecond.)

MrBuddwing

Although DWTS is broadcast on ABC, it's produced at the CBS studios, said to have the best HDTV facilities. (Inter-network rentals are nothing new.)

Grumpinmcpunkkin

Sorry TMZ, but the ignorance of your staff has caused me to move on. /waves bye

FlamingoNut

Probably addressed to Rob Kardashian. Momma K needs to keep her kids in the limelight. Kardashian this, Kardashian that, makes me want to puke.

Kaffee

Low ratings equal publicity stunt. Don't believe this story--TMZ can you please stop reporting the same story on the same day multiple times? Sort of loses credibility.