Jani Lane

Cause of Death --

Alcohol Poisoning

10/5/2011 11:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane
Officials have determined Warrant singer Jani Lane died from alcohol poisoning ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told the L.A. Coroner's Office has finished its investigation -- and concluded Lane had suffered from "acute ethanol poisoning" when he died in an L.A. motel room on August 11.

As TMZ previously reported, investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the motel room where Lane died.

The singer had battled substance abuse issues for years.

0812_jani_lane_footer

Jim

Are you sure he did't die of ugly?

Delaware D

RIP Jani. You were talented. And had demons. But now you are resting in peace.

Char_Treuse

Good one, Jim. Lol.

But seriously...I hope he's R.I.P.ing.

James R. - Los Angeles

That's the way I'm currently trying to die.

See you soon, Jani.

Aerohoteeee

Jim, your a jackass!!

Mazor

Incorrect, the cause of death was being a washed up loser. The alcohol was a symptom.

Rock on loser.

web

21 Forever!

Ed

RIP Jani, you will be missed

re: Jim. HA HA!

The PMG

Such a shame to see a fellow rocker lose himself to such a terrible addiction. You will be missed Jani. R.I.P.

jdub

Surprise surprise.

rob

it's always a joke til its your own...

R.I.P Jani

Phreakin

RIP Jani, thanks for the many great memories at your shows and from your music

peggy bundy

It never ceases to amaze me how people can crack jokes and bash on a guy who's dead. Regardless of what happened later in life and how he died, he managed to achieve a level of success and fame you haters can only dream about. Feel better about yourselves now that he wound up deceased at such an early age, you can sit back behind your computer screens and crack your jokes all you want to..when was the last time any of you jerks making fun of Jani wrote a song of your own that reached number #1, sold all those cd's and concert tickets? Who would stand in line to see you? You didn't have to like his music or style but to make fun of him, especially now is lower than low. I'm sure your comments are really helping his kids and family that can read this..he never gave up doing what he loved to do, a coward he wasn't and he was on the road to a comeback..he had his demons and you hear of stories where he wasn't so nice but look at all that's coming out now..no one is perfect and mood swings are alcohol driven. Anyone who can come up with a lyrics written on a napkin and that song hits #1, how can you say that's not talent? He wrote all their songs. Times may have changed but I would still take the music he wrote of back then over the crap that's out now. anytime. RIP Jani. I was excited to hear what he was going to come back with...now we will never know. So sad.

moso

I met him a long time ago when he was with Warrant. He was very nice and I was happy to have met him and the band. To bad he couldn't stop the drugs. And to all of the losers talking *****. I don't see any of you out there making the kind of money he did or be remembered for your songs!!! Funny how you know and remember the songs you talk crap about.. You were probably banging your bangs to them and wearing the spandex!!!

3Storms

He and Warrant created and perfected the art of synchronized head-banging. It was fricking terrible.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments