'King of Infomercials' Don Lapre

Slit Own Throat with Razor

10/5/2011 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_dan_lapre_EX_06
"King of Infomercials" Don Lapre died from a self-inflicted razor blade wound to the neck, law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told jail guards found piles of blood-soaked clothing lining Don's bed in his Arizona jail cell. Sources say ... officials believe Don used the clothing to conceal the bleeding in order to thwart efforts to save his life.

Lapre was found dead in his cell Sunday morning. The autopsy was completed yesterday.

As we previously reported, Don's mother claims her son had been treated for severe depression after the TV pitchman was jailed in a vitamin fraud case. She also claims jail officials took away his meds, which may have played a role in his apparent suicide.

anony

I'm sure there were thousands of people out there who would have slit his throat for him.

Ace

Was it a Ronco Razor?

Big Daddy

SUICIDE... The ultimate act of Playing GOD... Don Lapre lived a life bilking people out of millions...He's been on tv since I was in my 20's with his bogus crap..Go to WWW.RIPOFFREPORT.COM to see more....

He didn't want to pay the piper and have consequences so he chose the cowards way out..... SORRY MOMMA...IT WASN'T THE MEDS...THEY WERE JUST NUMBING HIS GUILTY CONSCIENCE.... Peace out Lapre... You won't be missed....

Jim

History of informercial guys: 1 died of a cocaine OD, 1 beat up/was beaten up by a prostitute, 1 has millions of dollars in lawsuits against him, and now a suicide.....I see a new TV reality show: "Lifestyles of the Infomercial Guys."

V Kint

...BBBBut, I thought all you had to do is place tiny classified ads in newspapers, and all of your dreams would come true!

Spencer B in MD

Wow - It takes a real man with determination to slit your own throat and have the wherewithal to stay quiet and hide the act from the guards.
Well done you!

CarneyIsGod

The hell was he doing with a razor?

c

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? He scammed people out of millions. This just saves the taxpayers the cost of a trial. Now if only someone would have taken away Madoff's meds...

There's a problem here

@Jim - Comment #9. It's been done,at least it was *going to be done* it was called "Pitchmen," but Billy Mays died and it pretty much went south.

thestupid

I dont care. He stold MILLIONS of dollars from innocent people. I would like to crap on his grave.

Throwback kid

I always thought he used a razor to cut his own hair? for a rich guy he always had a 4 dollar haircut on all of those awful infomercials he did

Lance

Please Sign Don Lapre's Memorial. I am drawing a line in the sand... enough is enough. Don's family and kids have been through enough. post something bad on Don's Memorial site and I guarantee YOU WILL NOT like our response... This site is Heavily moderated and guarded by our sentry's. Don, may you rest in peace brother... Go here to sign his memorial now... http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/Don-Lapre-Memorial/homepage.aspx

RonBurgundy

That's awesome.

He wasn't brave enough to face his punishment. Yet he found the selfish courage to slice his own throat...

A coward right to the end.

His mother is an idiot too.

Tammy

I'm not sure I believe their version of how he died.

Lance