Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

Jennifer Hudson Left Us

In the Lurch!

10/9/2011 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1008_jennifer_hudson_getty_EX
Jennifer Hudson's no-show at the Michael Jackson tribute concert yesterday caught the show's producers completely off-guard ... especially since she was already paid to do the gig ... this according to sources close to the show.

JHud tweeted Saturday afternoon she wouldn't be doing the show -- citing "major production issues."

According to our sources, Hudson is claiming she felt the show's producers didn’t give her enough time with the music she was supposed to be singing. According to our sources, Jennifer received her music the same time as all the performers.

Our sources say JHud signed her contract and was paid in full.

A rep for Hudson confirms the reason she cancelled, but says producers "completely understood." Our sources say that's not the case at all.

ALIRENO

I like JHud's music, but I am beginning to dislike her. First she shows up at an Oprah show behind schedule and now not showing up for an MJ tribute concert she was paid for! With more outrageous behavior like this, she will find herself with less fans and even less money! This is EXTREME diva behavior!

jb

I respect her more for NOT showing...........The Jackson family should stop milking their dead son. Enough is enough.

Jim

Oh my... Becoming a DIVA, or what? Give me a break. I used to like Jennifer, but this has turned me off completely.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Maybe she's shooting another annoying Weigh*****chers commercial.

Vinsetta

Lol that pic of J Hud. I wasn't sure at first if it was recent and she packed on the pounds again. She's "difficult" to work with and a diva to boot b/c she lost the weight.

HumanNature

I HOPE SHE GIVE THE MONEY BACK!!!

nipples mugee

Ok, so. I see these ads that say " my mother makes $77.00 per hour... and see works only a few hours a day. Last month see got a check for $7000..... Now, if you do the math, if she received $77.00 per hour ( of course its a scam) then she would have worked 97 hours last month.

Should would have to sit in front of a computer 4 hours a day everyday of the month , and lets be honest , nobody makes $77.00 per hour with these scams . You would be lucky to make $2.00 per hour. SO, if you got a $7000 check and you made $2,00 per hour you would have to work 3500 hours per month.

So be carefull !

nipples mugee

TMZ, why can't you filter out the adds ? Have someone write a script that excludes $, nike, handbags, sunglasses , dollar signs etc... Very easy to do, really whats the deal ?

Jilly

I don't know much about how well this "tribute" concert was produced or if the performers felt they had enough time, but I do know this... While Jennifer Hudson is a gifted singer and performer, she's not gonna have longevity in this business if she keeps dissing powerful people... she pissed off Oprah during her last season by leaving Chicago right before a snowstorm that locked her out of the city for hours, and caused Oprah to delay a taping for like half a day... now she's blown off this group... she needs to make sure she's better communicating with those who are helping her build her career - cause people aren't going to want to work with her if she gets a reputation for being undependable and unreliable!!

lisa

Michael Jackson is dead. Can we move on already?

Politico Pablo

Assuming she had any fans at all in Wales, she doesn't anymore. Thanks for your support, and I think I'm just gonna keep the money.

blast

She had the nerve to flake on Oprah by leaving Chicago in the middle of a snowstorm the night before her scheduled appearance on Oprah without giving Oprah's producers any kind of notice. She had to know that getting back to Chicago on time was going to be nearly impossible. So she left Oprah and hundreds of audience members waiting for hours. This girl is too big for her size 2 britches. Can you imagine being that full of yourself that you think it is okay to treat people that way. Not okay Jennifer. You had the world on your side but you're losing your fan base by behaving so unprofessionally. I know it has really changed my opinion of you and I'm sure I'm one of many. It is not okay to treat ANYONE that way much less powerful people in the entertainment industry.

blast

She had the nerve to flake on Oprah also and leave her and and Oprah's audience waiting for hours. This girl is too big for her size 2 britches. Can you imagaine being that full of yourself that you think it is okay to treat people that way. Not okay Jennifer. You had the world on your side but your losing your fan base by behaving so unprofessionally.

Durelle

Jennifer is getting to big for her size 4 britches. Who the hell do you think you are. She pulled a stunt by leaving town and being late coming back to do the Oprah show. Get over yourself beatch.MJ will always be bigger and better than you. Shame on you Jennifer. You didn't even have the decency to call? You had to tweet? Coward!!!!!! See if anyone asks you to do another damn thing again. You're unreliable. Are you on drugs now?

Jethro

Screw 'em, Jen... and TMZzz too for using that old ass pic.