« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terrell Owens 911:

Called for Possible Pill Overdose

10/10/2011 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1010_to_ex_tmz
Emergency officials were responding to a call about a possible prescription pill overdose when they were dispatched to the L.A. apartment where Terrell Owens was staying last week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, Owens was transported by ambulance to an L.A. hospital Thursday night. Cops were also dispatched to investigate -- and spoke with T.O. at the hospital.

Owens has since been released.

A rep for Owens had no comment on the matter.

T.O. was famously hospitalized back in 2006 -- when he insisted he had a bad reaction to painkillers ... despite reports that he tried to commit suicide by inhaling 35 Vicodin pills.

T.O. later held a news conference on the matter and stated, "The rumor of me taking 35 pills, I think is absurd. I don't think I would be here if I had taken 35 pills."

1010_to_interview_sub_launch_2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Hanging to da lef

No calls from any NFL teams, looks like you finally burned all the bridges TERRELL...

Hanging to da lef

Time for the retirement home for all ex-NFL players, ESPN's broadcast booth... After sitting next to Chris Berman for a couple of minutes, you'll really kill yourself...

Winston5

man, it's just sad now.

Barbara

He needs help or next time he may not be so lucky

radicalred

If the world was a fair place, he'd give some of those pills to Chad Homocinco. Just sayin'

230woman

Third time will be the charmer, so go ahead take those pills especially if your life is so bad. I think t.o. is crazy and he trully needs Jesus. He better get him before he take those last pills.

randy

Unless you fully know his situation......stop throwing stones. You could be him one day and god have mercy on your soul. We need to stop judging people. T.O we wish you well.

Jolene Richards

I thought they said they had something shocking.... like him giving to some worthy cause or saving somebody in a house fire or something. No news here..

My2Cents

I hope you are okay - whatever it is Terrell. Hang tough and know you have fans if your on or off the field. If it turns out to be a OD attempt it would be sad because your stronger than that!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3