Alleged Celeb Hacker

I'm GLAD I Got Caught!!!

10/13/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man accused of hacking dozens of celebrity phones and emails says he was "addicted" to prying into the private lives of the rich and famous ... insisting he was "relieved" when he got caught.

Christopher Chaney spoke with "Action News Jacksonville" last night ... saying, "It started as curiosity and it turned to just being addictive ... seeing the behind-the-scenes of what's going on with the people you see on the big screen."

The FBI busted Chaney at his Jacksonville home yesterday ... and released him on bail a short time later. If convicted, he could face 121 years in federal prison.

Jim Beam

Seriously? 121 years? If he hacked the phone of us regular folk, they wouldn't have even bothered looking for him, let alone sentencing him at all.

Cassie

So, let me get this straight. Florida has no problem allowing a murdering mother get away unscathed - BUT - if a crime involves hacking of a celebrity the book is thrown at this guy in the tune of 121 years!? What the hell is the world coming to...really?

digital_one

The Rules of Hack Club.

1st RULE: You do not talk about HACK CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about HACK CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the hack is over.
4th RULE: Only two guys to a hack.
5th RULE: One hack at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Hacks will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at HACK CLUB, you HAVE to hack.

Bird

So let me get this straight..You can molest a bunch of kids, or drive drunk and kill a family, and get off with 2-5 years, but if you hack a celebrities cellphone, you get life in prison? Are you f_cking kidding me??

Durp

"I don't know how to stop doing it myself" Oh I don't know how about just not doing it?

en Todo Momento!!

well since his aazs is not gonna be on the internet for the next 121 years, i guess i can post this: what an azhole.

Liza

I think there must be some really nervous people out there in order to get the FBI to negotiate his sentence he's going to have to give up anyone he gave the pics too or anyone who specifically asked for th pics in particular the nude photos. The FBI will want to know who they are and why they wanted the pics and what was done with them.

tabloid queen

Oh ya, he could of easily stole their identity cuz he looks just like Scar-jo or Jessica Alba--lmao, dude, ur a dumb ass

Hayley

DAMN....thats a long damn time in prison for exposing some pictures in my opinion. I am a chick and I kind of feel like a phone can be lost, left somewhere, easily stolen, dropped, that if you are taking pics like that and dont want people to see them then you do not take the chance to save them on your phone or send them to people. Cant women keep their clothes on in pictures anymore....LOL. Apparently not.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3