DMX

I've Finally Conquered

My Coke Addiction

10/14/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DMX Coke Addiction
DMX tells TMZ, he has finally kicked the drug addictions that kept him behind bars for years -- and he has his children to thank.

X tells us, coke was his greatest demon after his latest prison release in July -- "Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in the direction to fail. I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go."

The rapper -- real name Earl Simmons -- says God also helped him through ... telling us, "I am on a spiritual road to do right in my life. I am leaving out all negativity and going to stay on the right road to positive."

X's pastor tells us, "When [DMX] first came to my church he looked broken, sad, and full of struggle. Now you see a dramatic change. You see that the drugs and alcohol aren’t in his life."

Guy ain't joking -- DMX absolutely killed it at the BET awards this week (video below).

Throwback kid

First! that's great but someone tell this brotha that throwback jerseys went out 5 years ago

Jodi

DMX already had the talent he just let drugs bring him down. I really wish him the best but IMO its too soon to tell if he's off the drugs for good. If he's still talking and acting the same way next year this time then he really has beaten his demons. Good luck DMX.

bunny

Now that is DMX!

pancake

WTF how many times a year they have the BETawards

two cents

OMG! "That's" music? That noise makes me want to cut my ears off and kill someone. What a strange people they are. I don't get it. That was nothing but noise, like nails on a chalkboard. I could barely last one minute of the tape. LOL!!

Ronni

10 kids? No one oughta be having ten kids. What's wrong with him, too stupid to know how to use a rubber?

The Real JJ

10 kids...WTF I've been listening to his music from the beginning and I didn't know he had that many kids. 10 kids = paying a lot of child support. Hope he clean for real this time.

Amandanonymous

10 kids?! Jeeeeeesus!

nof

We need more positive stories like this and from the rap and hip-hop communities.

DMX' story is quite uplifting, much respect to him.

Robin

Good to see X is back on top of things, cant wait to see an album drop!

LOLOL

Welcome back Dmx...Now Lets get rid of all the cupcake rappers like Drake.

two cents

Typo. He's not a "rapper". He's a RABBIT. No one should be breeding that much. Just more wannabe thugs and trash in the world. Great.

pimpc

WEAK!!!

Eddie

Nobody ought to be having TEN kids in 2011. We don't live off the land anymore. I wonder how many PTA meetings he's been to in his life? Doin' cocaine with 10 kids. What an a__hole.

Joy

Is that why you abused your dogs too?! No mention of that, huh?! It's only a matter of time until he screws up again...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments