« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-Dodger Milton Bradley

He Threatened to KILL ME

... Wife Alleges

10/14/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Milton Bradley
Former Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Milton Bradley is a violent ticking time bomb ... who told his wife he was going to shoot her to death last month ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

Monique Bradley has filed a request for a restraining order against the baseball player -- after a heated argument at their L.A. home on September 27 in which he allegedly picked up a photo of a gun and told her, "This is the gun that I'm going to kill you with."

Monique claims Bradley also threatened her with a baseball bat during the incident. ... and cussed her out ... calling her a "dumb b**ch" and saying she was "fat, ugly and lazy."

As TMZ previously reported, Milton was arrested for the incident and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

In the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Monique claims Bradley has been "emotionally and physically abusive" throughout their marriage ... but she would often take him back because "I genuinely believed that one day I could fix him."

Now, Monique says the September incident was the last straw ... claiming, "I am very fearful that he will ... try to harm or even kill me."

Monique claims Milton also threatened to kill her during an argument back in January ... when she took their two young sons to live in a hotel after another screaming match.

According to the docs, Milton tracked down Monique and told her, "This is not a game. Bring back my children or I'll f**king kill you." Monique says he even made a throat-slashing gesture with his hand.

Monique says she had a temporary restraining order against Bradley -- but she NEEDS more permanent protection. A hearing on the matter is scheduled for Oct. 25.

Calls to Milton's reps have not been returned.
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

notalawyer

They both should make friends with rappers. Rappers love guns.

Happy

He's a POS.

Rogue Warrior

She could have easily just made this all up as well! It's happened more than once....women lying that is....

INeedFacebookFriends.com

is this the same guy who makes toys and board games?

Andrew

--------------
No you didn't think you could fix him. You just enjoyed it when he got those MLB checks. But now that he is no longer in baseball you finally have had enough. How convenient.

Brandon

When are these morons going to get it through their heads that they don't own anyone.

annecasa

Stop identifying him as 'former Dodger'. He played for a lot of teams, with the last one being the Seattle Mariners. Call him 'former MLB player'... the Dodgers have enough problems without being credited for a idiot that only played for them a short time several years ago.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

maybe she is fat lazy and ugly...

fuzzy

Can we say another O.J. Here. Fuzzy

anony

Loser on and off the field.
He should be doing community service w/LoHo.

dgirl57

is there a manual for abusive husbands? My ex-husband said the same things to me 20+ years ago.

schnazzybo

she genuinely believed she didnt mind that he made millions is more like it, and she put up with the rest.

Miz Val

If my name was Milton Bradley and I was not connected to the game company I'd be mad too! But that still does not give him the right to be violent toward this woman.Divorce his behind and take half of everything he owns. You can. You're in California.

charlie

well maybe she was fat, dumb, and lazy.... come on monique we all know why "you kept taking him back" $$$$$

AlwaysOnTimeB

The public persona and the private citizen are very different things. People are quick to blame the wife, because they feel they know this guys real personality. No one knows how he really is behind closed doors unless they live with him. The truth lies between the husband and wife, the perception is all public opinion. I would hope all of these allegations are not true for her sake. If they are true, she'd better know that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and he may carry out those threats one day.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments