Rapper Rick Ross

Unconscious After Seizure

CPR Being Performed [UPDATED]

10/14/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_getty
Rick Ross is unconscious and paramedics are desperately trying to resuscitate him.

Rick was on a flight going from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, when the rapper lost consciousness.  The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.

1014_airport_tmz
Emergency workers tell us the call came in at 12:55 PM ET ... the caller reported a seizure.

Ross is currently on a gurney at the airport.  Members of Rick's entourage are standing by, some of them extremely emotionally upset.

update_bar
4:54 PM PST: Rick Ross just suffered another seizure on his private jet -- his second in one day.

11:54 AM PST: Rick Ross -- who's still in the hospital -- is telling people he still plans to perform tonight in Memphis at FedExForum.

11:05 AM PST:
It appears Rick Ross is now tweeting, claiming he is okay.

10:57 AM PST: Ross was transported to a nearby hospital.

A family member tells TMZ, Rick is currently under close supervision and is doing fine. We're told drugs and alcohol were not involved.

10:50 AM PST: Rapper Wale -- one of Rick's closest friends -- just tweeted, "I just talked to Ross...he's 100 pct ok.." Another member of Rick's entourage DJ Sam Sneaker also says the rapper is okay.

10:36 AM PST: A witness tells TMZ, Rick fell unconscious right after take-off.

We're told his entourage jumped out of their seats to alert plane personnel -- at which point a doctor on board administered CPR on the rapper.

The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Story developing
...

1014_rick_ross_footer

Stupid a$$ people

I'm not a fan of Rick Ross but I will be praying for you and your family. People say all kinds of cruel things to stars are about stars but if that was your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, cousins,etc... and someone one would quote what some of u stupid ass people without an education is saying you would be angry. But most will say I don't giva a F**k but your family will suffer and then you will wonder why. dum a$$ people.

Damn It Man

I hope he's okay. He's one of the few rappers I actually enjoy listening to.

UPYOURS

How awful. Don't know who he is, rap isn't my genre. But hope all goes well for him.

Michael

People who make dumb and ignorant statements about anyone online pretty much have no life, no woman/man, and are jealous of someone living their life successfully.... Glad Rick Ross is doing better....

Tom

You the Boss. You will get through this. #GFID. #PrayforRickRoss. uuuhhhhhh.

3Storms

Never heard of him, but since he's a rapper I can assume his lyrics revolve around the words "YO WHAT UH-HUH YEAH"

Kathleen

Some of you fools are HEARTLESS ******* IDIOTS!!!!!!!

dd

Thank God Murray wasn't doing the CPR.

MusicMan

Okay, so you guys make not like Rick Ross' music, but he's still a human. The comments that y'all are making are truly disgusting. It shows just how much how much character you all are lacking. Have a little bit of humility and pray for the guy. You'd want someone to do it for you if the shoe was on the other foot. Get well soon, Rick Ross.

Kari

I've never heard of him---does he really need an "entourage"? He looks very unhealthy.

Ms.Davidson

@Attaliana KILL YO SELF U ROTTEN.... RICKEY I PRAY THAT YOU MAKE IT MUCH LUV RT

LOLOL

Get well Ricky Rozay..

rene

if i die today remember me like john lennon buried in louie im talkin all brown linen make all of my bitches tattoo my logo on they titty put a statue of a ***** in the middle of the city

ChiefsFan84

I'm a big guy too and I remember having heart problems a couple months ago, it was such a scary moment and it made me really re-evaluate what's important in my life. After the doctor's told me I was going to be ok, I vowed that I would focus on getting myself healthier. I'm proud to say that I've lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months and I feel so much better. I have more to go but hopefully this will make Rick decide to look after his health more and get himself in better shape.

B oh B