IRS to Chris Tucker:

We Haven't Forgotten

Your $11.5 Mil Debt

10/15/2011 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

>Chris Tucker
The IRS hasn’t forgotten about Chris Tucker’s $11.5 million debt … TMZ has learned that Uncle Sam is still trying to collect their cash … 17 months after slapping the actor with a big, fat tax bill.

According to the L.A. County Recorder’s Office, the lien issued against Tucker back in July 2010 is still active … which means, he still owes money … which means the government can legally seize his assets.

1014_tucker_tax_lein_sub_launch
TMZ broke the story … the IRS claims Tucker stiffed them out of income tax during multiple years … including 2001, when Tucker allegedly raked in a $20 mil payday for “Rush Hour 2.”

Still, Tucker is finally laughing at his financial troubles in a standup routine, joking last weekend, “that’s the last time I let Wesley Snipes help me out with my taxes.”

No comment from Tucker's camp.

helmst102602

There's an open cell next to Wesley Snipes AND Manny Pacquao

Joe

he is going to have to make a few more crappy movies... and fast, is he is going to come up with 11.5 mil.

bunny

It'd be great to see the payroll clerks face when they see the amount they have to withdraw from his check.

Eddie

Don't people who make $20 million in a year have BUSINESS MANAGERS? Or more appropriately, don't people who make $20 million in a year LISTEN to their business managers??

Welp, at least he doesn't have 10 kids and is sniffing cocaine, like DMX.

jrsygirl

Yikes his date of assessment was only in year 2009 which means they can come after him until 2019...thats a long time away he should have known that Uncle Sam needs his cut also!

janet

keep laughing your ass will be in jail.

static

It's punishment for inflicting all those awful movies on the public.

James R. - Los Angeles

He and Snipes can laugh all about it when they are cellmates.

Kaffee

I paid my taxes, but then, I didn't make 20 million dollars! I guess the IRS just doesn't get it that the rich don't like to pay taxes.

The Real JJ

IRS is going after him when they need to be going after the rich CEO's getting huge tax breaks.

firebaby

does he even make movies anymore? last time i saw him he looked real real fat... lol must be living the good life, eating food instead of paying taxes...
and tmz, why can i not rate comments on the first page only? the like/dislike is there but in black and doesn't highlight as a clickable option....

HamptonsHarry

He can go protest with all the dirty stinky hippies in New York. Go protest against really rich people.

alex

And yet!! I pay my stupid 2K owed to the bloody IRS after an error by the cpa and didn't get any discount, friendly offers, or even a delay payment schedule. I guess it goes to show, you pay if you're the little people and you get a pass if you can actually afford to pay. What a country.

she

I remember reading an article about his several years ago where comment was made that he would only take a role for a certain amount of millions of dollars. I thought that sounded like a dangerous attitude...

upyours

what a LAZY arse punk! He insulted & offended legend Jackie Chan by throwing a fit and forcing his name to be top billing for Rush hours 2 & 3, thinking he's the bigger star, when in fact it's Jackie that's carried Tucker all along. Chris can't make movies by himself, he knows that, and that's why he hasn't made ANY movie without Jackie. Shame on this lazy punk!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments