Mel Gibson, Oksana Grigorieva

Settlement Hits a Roadblock

10/17/2011 9:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1017_mel_oksana_EX_01
Oksana Grigorieva just made a beeline for family court after her settlement with Mel Gibson hit a snag ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, Oksana and Mel struck a deal in which Oksana would walk away with $750,000, the house she's living in, and some other stuff. In return, she'll leave Mel alone.  They also agreed to 50/50 custody of Lucia.

The settlement agreement is scheduled to go before the family court judge tomorrow for final approval, but we're told the lawyers are still fighting over how it's worded and they've reached a stalemate.

Our sources say Mel's lawyers asked the judge for more time so they can hash it out, but Oksana showed up to court this morning to fight the request ... because she wants the deal done STAT.

Judge Scott Gordon gave Mel and Oksana an extension to sort out their differences -- but only until November 1st ... less time than Mel's people were hoping for.

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50

Sincerity

Ira Black: 8 minutes ago

Wow ! Wouldn't take any "smarts" to figure one can have a laptop !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YEAH!!! WE KNOW BECAUSE "YOU" HAVE ACCESS TO ONE!!! WHAT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT IS HOW DID "YOU" LEARN TO OPERATE ONE??? CARE TO ENLIGHTEN US???

2idiots

little aussie reader: 7 minutes ago

Nurse Ratched was from One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest and was played by Louise Fletcher.
Cloris Leachman played Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein
-----
The character Cloris played in HIGH ANXIETY was Nurse Diesel

little aussie reader

IBS: You seem to think people are interested in your views on just about everything.
-----------------------
Some of us are.
-----------------------
And some of us AREN'T! You hardly interact with him and enjoy that he constantly starts crap with me.
************************************************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’ve interacted enough to know I vastly prefer Ira’s attitude to yours, and from my perspective, it’s you who is constantly starting crap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I personally don't read your posts unless they involve someone putting you in your place.
-----------------------
How would you know if someone is place putting Ira unless you read the posts? Fibber.
-----------------------
It's not rocket science reader. I look at the avatar first. FAIL!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Looking at an avatar tells you that someone is putting another poster in their place?
Fibbing FAIL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You've been asked politely to limit your posts and to respond to off topic posts beneath said post, but you continue to litter the main thread worried that they may not otherwise be seen.
-----------------------
Please - you're one of the most long-winded, self important posters here.
-----------------------
It's not easy deprogramming Melbots in short sentences, which is all you seem to be able to produce. Anything longer would reveal your poor education and stupidity.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your goal is deprogramming? FOFLMAO! Hang on – you posted this out in the open. Waddamatta Cuckoo – afraid it might otherwise not be seen?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
------------------------------------------------
Oh, and they weren't Ox's teeth, they were her veneers, and they can most certainly be self-removed.
-----------------------------------------------------------
One of her teeth was chipped which probably chipped her real tooth underneath. Maybe that's the 'tooth' Giblitz was referring to. Veneers would be very hard for anyone other than a dentist to remove - not to mention extremely painful.
He admitted to hitting her, even in court. What a coincidence that she should end up with broken teeth the same day! If she fell running, you would think Gibz would have provided that explanation in court, since he knew about it an all. Maybe none of this did come up in court since he paid her to drop the DV charge - probably through a mediation settlement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I said, it was purely speculation – I was not there. I do know that it’s not hard at all to remove a veneer without a dentist. Generally the cement used is very hard and, if she had received a blow to the mouth, then the natural dentition would have been broken along with the veneer. Having said that, people lose veneers every day. If the veneer is old and the cement has started to fail, all it takes is a bite into an apple, or pork crackling or even a sandwich. If one wanted to remove a veneer themselves they just need a screwdriver and a few gentle taps with a hammer, et viola! Had she been punched in the face (or even slapped) there is no way only the veneer would
S
h
a
t
t
e
r
into 20 (or was it hundreds of) pieces, without damaging the mouth tissue, as Ox claimed. No way. It aint gonna happen.
I seem to remember someone posting a photo of Ox with the Chucky family (at her wedding, I think) that was clearly pre-veneers. She had horrible teeth. (Anyone still have that pic?) If she had the veneers done when she first arrived in London it wouldn’t be at all out of the ordinary for the cement to be failing now.

2idiots

Sincerity: 4 minutes ago
Ira Black: 8 minutes ago
Wow ! Wouldn't take any "smarts" to figure one can have a laptop !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------
will the explanation be in the form of a poem

2idiots

little aussie reader: 5 minutes ago
Fair enough - I haven't seen High Anxiety - but I knew Cloris wasn't Nurse Ratched.
------
Do yourself a favor, rent HIGH ANXIETY if you can...it's HYSTERICAL. It came out in the 70s so it may be hard to find but if you can get your hands on a copy - i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

2idiots

2idiots: 55 minutes ago
little aussie reader: 5 minutes ago
------
Reply Likes 2 Dislikes 1
1 Reply

little aussie reader: 28 minutes ago
I might just do that - I loved Young Frankenstein and I'm almost always up for a laugh.
---------
Enjoy! And if you haven't seen BLAZING SADDLES (also Mel Brooks) - another one worth renting

Cujeaux

A disturbing thought just came to mind about IBS's living situation or lack thereof.
I saw an interview with Charles Manson on tv and whenever he was put on the spot with a question he would start ranting about environmental issues and how the world is so messed up. He would never answer a direct question with a direct answer (i.e. 'home is where the heart is.) When I read IBS's excuse for being homeless, it reminded me of Manson.

"You want to know why I am homeless ? I'll tell you why. Because 'Home is where the Heart is' and all I see is one big mixed up mess on planet earth ! Who wouldn't feel 'homeless' in this mess ? Even the animals can't stand the sight of it anymore. The oceans the rivers the trees. They feel out of place with this damned mess !!"

Maybe IBS is in jail and is only wishing he fled to Canada when he had the chance.

Sincerity

Ira Black: 29 minutes ago

little aussie reader:

Hiya Ira :o)

Are you having a good day?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya except for '3 MORONS" !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INTERESTING!!! IRA BLACK, I STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT YOU'RE REFERRING TO YOURSELF IN TERMS OF "ME", "MYSELF" & "I"!!! ENJOY!!!

little aussie reader

Ira, think of them as the "3 Snore-ons" - Prat, Sprat and Scat.

;o)

little aussie reader

Ira, it's time for me to head home for the day. I'll see you next time my friend. :o)

Cujeaux

Thank God Lucia's b'day is over with. I've been queasy all day with Ira's constant referrals and reverence to it.

Curious

Howdy Folks :)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2idiots -
Hiya. LOL, I tried to enjoy the weather, but snow was too wet and heavy. My poor snow fort just sort of toppled over like an Irish drunk. Hope you got to enjoy poolside :)
PS I remember High Anxiety! Been decades since I've seen it, definitely worth rewatching. Thanks for reminding me!

Cujeaux -
You made the assertion that Mr. Mel paid Miss Oksana to drop the DV charges. Then add "probably through a mediation settlement". This is in contrast to everything else that had been printed about the issue; especially when one considers that much of Miss Oksana's so called "proof" of violence was unsupported.
You're right, of course, he did admit to hitting her. And despite that admission, the prosecution still allowed an uncontested West plea in March 2010. March was also when Miss Oksana tried to get the slap entered into family court - which failed. She did get a protective order that allowed her to tape him as well as keep Mr. Mel away from her and Alexander - but the court changed the order to fit visitation with Lucia. Mr. Mel expressed no interest in talking with her and all contacts were done through third parties. She also said she'd sue for DV in civil court; to which Mr. Mel responded he'd countersue for extortion. Towards the end of March, the LA Times published the story about Detective Wagner's three counts of extortion against Miss Oksana and his letter urging prosecutors to file charges.
In early April 2010, celebritynewsandstyle put out a story that Mrs. Robyn and Mr. Hutton were to be subpoenaed related to Mr. Mel's history of DV. There was no follow up on the outcome of that rumor.
On May 4 2010, Miss Oksana dropped all charges of DV and terminated the protection order.
The timeline of events suggests that Miss Oksana dropped the charges because she had little chance of winning. A contributing factor could also be monetary - she had made a settlement with Attorney George and had to pay off the money she owed him. She'd also have to pay for her own civil lawyer.
Lacking any evidence of Mr. Mel paying her off to drop the charges, I'd say Miss Oksana dropped the charges because she didn't have enough DV evidence, she didn't have enough money and there was a real possibility of losing the extortion countersuit.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Well said, Curious.

New thread.

Gina

Her intentions to marry Mel is irrelevant. Mel Gibson hit her and there is no excuse for that. We women should support her efforts and not let a wealthy man win in courts with his money. This settelment is sad. It feel she is exhausted trying to stand up to attorneys who are paid millions. Mel Gibson is a sick man and needs help. I hope Oksana can pick up the pieces and move on to find a happy life with a nice man.

Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50