Herman Cain

Oksana's Guy Had My Back

During Republican Debate

10/24/2011 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1024_cain_herman_gallery_ex_2
Herman Cain'
s rep was dead wrong when he told TMZ that Oksana Grigorieva's bodyguard only protected the Republican presidential candidate one time ... and we have the photo proof.

TMZ broke the story ... Kristian Otto Herzog -- who served jail time in 2009 for impersonating a police officer -- was a member of Cain's security detail during a campaign stop in Detroit on Oct. 21.

Cain's rep told us Herzog only worked for the campaign on that ONE occasion ... and insisted he would not be asked back to work any future Cain events.

But TMZ has obtained photos of Herzog working security at the Republican presidential debate in Las Vegas on Oct. 18 ... even taking a photo with Cain's arm draped around him at the hotel after the event.

Now, Cain's rep has changed his tune -- telling us he "did some research" and could now confirm Herzog did work the debate along with a 3rd event in Ohio on October 22.

Sources connected to the Cain camp tell us ... Herzog may have been able to slip through the screening process because the campaign was in a "rush" to find extra security and didn't have time to perform a more thorough background check.

TMZ spoke with Herzog ... who insists he was NOT fired ... but says he felt pressured to resign after we published our story this weekend.

Herzog also claims the Cain campaign should have been fully aware of his background, because he sent them a copy of his book, "My True Hollywood Story."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Delaware D

Cain be so crazy!

banju

welcome to our website:

Hello. My friend

The new update, a large hot ..

Here, there's good news to tell you:
The company recently
launched a number of new fashion items! !
Fashionable
and welcome everyone to come buy.
If necessary,
thank you!!

J.s

so what! I'm sure if he was a democratic candidate this wouldn't have been written

j

He worked ANOTHER event with Cain in IOWA on Oct 22! Sounds like they just keep adding to the list when he gets caught still working for him...

Ronsen

that old building Cain talked in front of in the D was just used by magician Aaron Balcom for a t.v. show. i was there and it was sickkkkkkk!

gingergirl

Where is this book of his?

Kris Herzog

Hi AzLee & all,
I am not perfect, over 3 years ago the Paparazzi accused me of yelling out a car window "Police" & blocking his car like a cop, a verbal ONLY confrontation by me.

My Judge could of sent me to prison for up to 5 years, yet released me to probation instead, he told me to stay out of trouble for 18 months, I did & the charges were dismissed.

The Judge said the Paparazzi was 90% at fault for my incident, but I had to answer for my 10%. The Paparazzi got 25 to life for attempted murder (his 3rd Felony) ramming my car and trying to run me & my team over.

I have an arrest record, but I am NOT a Felon. Mr Cain gave me a second chance and hired me & 11 of my fellow U.S. Veterans from the company I own. ( My co is 100% Veterans)

My book comes out next month & I am donating the money from my book to my fellow U.S. Veterans from my group and the families of Veterans killed in combat.

I made a mistake, I am a U.S. Veteran, I deserve a 2nd chance.

Mr Cain accepted my resignation about 8 hours ago.

AzLee has my cellular phone # and can confirm this is me.
GOD Bless the Men, Women & Families of the U.S. Armed Forces.
KH

Krypt

Funny how people have to spin this into something about Obama...I guarantee is this guy worked for the Obama administration, everyone would be singing a different tune. It would go from "give the guy a break, he is trying to get his life back" to "omfg Obama hires felons!! blah blah blah!!

(and for the record...no I'm not an Obama supporter. I did not vote for him. I do not like him. I'm simply making a point)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5