Rapper Jim Jones

I'm Too Baller

For Public Transportation

10/26/2011 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

jim jonesYou'd think Jim Jones would suck it up and buy a Metro Card after losing his license earlier this year -- but no ... the rapper plunked down for a chauffeur.

Jones pled guilty to driving on a suspended license after his arrest in March -- but Jones tells TMZ, it's no big deal ... because now his driver takes him everywhere he needs to go ... guy even drives Jim's kid to school.

The "Love & Hip Hop" star says the cost of hiring the driver is worth it because he doesn't want to end up in jail for another driving violation -- and he feels he's too famous in NYC to take public transportation.

If Catherine Zeta-Jones can ride the subway, anyone can.

fifi

Who?

bunny

Too famous in New York? Who is this guy?

gd45

I think by "too famous" he means scared to get his azz beat by a real gangster.... not some wannabe whatever he is.

RamHead

"-- and he feels he's too famous in NYC to take public transportation. "
Gosh, not to disappoint him, but I've never heard of him before. If I were to meet face to face with him anywhere, I would not know who he is and could not care less.

tre

ummm, ok i give up... WHO is he?

stevebeagle

who dat ??????

Bad Motherhugger

I've never heard of a "Jim Jones" other than the "Peoples Temple" cult leader from the 70ies. The mass murder / suicide guy. And the guy who used to run the gas station down the road. Must be in his late eighties by now, bless him.

Bob

Spread the wealth homie, spread the wealth

Cheryl A.

I give......Who the hell is this guy?

AlwaysOnTimeB

If I were on a bus with him, I wouldn't know him from the next guy. Having said that, at least he has the common sense not to get behind the wheel and drive like a lot of people do after something like this. He has the money to hire a driver, at least at the moment, so he might as well take advantage of that.

Mom of Five

I have to chime in with everyone else. How can he be too famous when it seems that nobody even knows who he is???

With an ego like that I guess I would have to ask...........how may houses does the chauffeur have to go to each morning to pick up the kids for school???

Jazzyj

He tries to be so hard and talks so much stuff that I think he would get his butt whipped if he rode public transportation

Ray

In the words of Pete Townshend...WHO THE **** ARE YOU

gossipgirl86

Really Jim Jones?? You had one really hot hit " We Fly High".....that hardly counts as you are too famous...haven't had another hit since then!

Alicia