Rapper Jim Jones

I'm Too Baller

For Public Transportation

10/26/2011 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

jim jonesYou'd think Jim Jones would suck it up and buy a Metro Card after losing his license earlier this year -- but no ... the rapper plunked down for a chauffeur.

Jones pled guilty to driving on a suspended license after his arrest in March -- but Jones tells TMZ, it's no big deal ... because now his driver takes him everywhere he needs to go ... guy even drives Jim's kid to school.

The "Love & Hip Hop" star says the cost of hiring the driver is worth it because he doesn't want to end up in jail for another driving violation -- and he feels he's too famous in NYC to take public transportation.

If Catherine Zeta-Jones can ride the subway, anyone can.

Pondscum

I thought he was a dead cult leader...get a life

Ty

Never EVER heard of him. And I spend quite some time browsing celeb news. The ego of some people jeezz...

Ty

Never ever heard of him.

fuzzy

how pretentious can you get. New York has always been about taking public transportation and no one caring. Used to always see famous people on the cross town bus. etc. the bourgeois Hip hop world thinks too much of themselves. no wonder they all end up broke eventually.

fstblk

You're a G.D. fool Jim Jones.You should be riding public transportation it 'll help you save your money for the future.Buying that high priced bottles of liquor won't help you in the future.You're a FOOL Jim Jones.

Mike L

Don't know who the hell this guy is, but I don't blame him. I refuse to take public transportation too. The subway is disgusting, and I just don't want to deal with it. The buses are overcrowded and the drivers can't drive. Screw that. I'll drive and pay for parking. If I wasn't allowed to drive, I'd get somebody to drive me too.

keith

he a ******* loser!!!

Pierre

As so many of commented on this story, all I can say is "who the hell is this guy?". If you asked someone on the streets of NY who is Jim Jones, they would reply he was this crazy preacher who started his own religion and convinced a whole bunch of people to commit suicide and ended up killing himself.

da

Famous my Ass, famous for nothing.

pepekale

Ya need to visit NEW YORK. THE CAPITAL Of THE World.Don't get stuck in ALABAMA

Fallopia Lopez

He's making it all the easier for everyone who actually DOES know who the F he is to forget him.

Eric

Most of you people are probably of the older generations so none of you know who he is. Unless you listen to Hip Hop he is a well known rapper. But its funny to see all the people with the comment "Who is he?" If you didnt know who he was than why would you read about it than feel like you have to comment about it? smh

mike hunt

I have no clue who this fool is. But I do know that when I first moved to NYC I was surprised to find myself standing on the subway directly in front of Donald Sutherland. I also know that many A-list actors and singers have taken the subway many times after becoming famous. That said, whomever this wannabe/has been is/was makes no diff because noone would ever recognize them, nor be able to tell them apart from the gazillions of others.

berriechic

Jim Jones is pretty real as they get ...keeps it all the way real...
Berriechiconline.com

Me

Jim Jones are you serious? Fame does not equal wealth. One of the wealthiest person in NY rides the New York City subway, have you ever heard of Mike Bloomberg.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments