TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Steven Tyler

Food Poisoning to Blame

for Shower Accident

10/25/2011 5:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1025_steven_tyler_tmz_ex_2

Steven Tyler was suffering from dehydration caused by a bout of food poisoning when he collapsed in a Paraguay hotel shower today ... sources connected to Tyler tell TMZ.

Tyler was reportedly treated for injuries to his face ... including loss of teeth ... after the accident occurred.

TMZ spoke with the singer's manager ... who described Tyler's injuries as "minor" and said Steven has already been released from the hospital.

The rep notes that Aerosmith has rescheduled tonight's concert for tomorrow due to the accident -- and says Tyler would like to "sincerely apologize" for any inconvenience this may have caused his fans.

Around The Web