« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kim Kardashian

Files for Divorce

10/31/2011 10:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian Divorce Papers
Kim Kardashian filed for divorce Monday morning, after 72 days of not-so-wedded bliss to Kris Humphries  ... TMZ has learned, and now we have the documents.

We're told even though the marriage was short, she is not seeking an annulment. It's a garden variety divorce, in which Kim cites "irreconcilable differences."

The date of separation is listed as today, Oct. 31, 2011.  According to the docs, Kim wants Kris to foot his own lawyers' fees and she'll pay hers.  And, she wants the court to reject any move by Kris to get spousal support.

And, the docs list the length of the marriage as a measly 2 months.

Kim has hired disso-queen Laura Wasser, who has repped the likes of Britney Spears, Maria Shriver, Angelina Jolie, Ryan Reynolds, and Robyn Gibson, Mel's almost ex-wife.

As we first reported, the couple has a prenuptial agreement ... Kim made sure of that.

Rumors of a split had been swirling for some time and the two were spotted out to dinner last week ... looking less than pleased with one another.

103111_kim_kris_still

The couple was married on August 20 in a lavish ceremony (see below) in Montecito, CA. There are reports that the wedding cost as much as $10 mil, which means $138,888 for every day until today.

update_bar
Kris didn't know Kim was filing divorce papers until this morning.  As for why things fell apart after the wedding, click here to find out.

12:38 PM: Kris just released a statement on the split, claiming he'll do anything to repair his broken marriage.

1028_FOOTER_2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

.:Loki4Ever:.

LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS!!!! I could CARE LESS ABOUT HER!!!

juggaloszuch

FIRST........one to see this coming

tink981

LOLOLOLOLOL. I think we all saw this one coming. I wonder who paid for that lavish wedding? What a waste of money.

antijemima

I am so surprised. Can the American public take another tragedy?

Brandon

FAKE SINCE BEGINNING, JUST NEEDED A PAYDAY.

Jennifer Taylor

Wow. Who didn't see THAT one coming?!?!? LOL!!

flamingo

Pathetic

Cathy

Thank goodness this bad joke will be over. I usually think divorce is sad, but these two are awful together! I hope Kim has enogh tact and class to return the gifts!

gutsygirl

Disposable Society.

craig

do the guests get there gifts back,i gave them a bently

ocgirl

We all knew this would happen. Marriages arranged for TV don't last. 50% of marriages based on love don't even last! Just sayin...

Jess Escurra

It's so Kardashian...

Janet

I'm sure that in those 72 days they tried their UTMOST to make it work. Poor babies. But diamonds are forever, a fact that I'm sure Kim understands perfectly, even if she has no idea of how to be a wife.

Throwback kid

I hope I am not first. Kim should get therapy to deal with her ego. She is in love with herself and thinks the world revolves around her. She is too immature to be married, she doesn't know what love is. It is not houses, cars, vacations and attention all the time

SantaFeJack

Oh, no, I cannot believe it! But, seriously, I'm surprised it took this long. EVERYBODY else new it wouldn't last, but that money train and the execs at E undoubtedly pressured them to go through with it no matter what...money, money, money.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments