« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Serena Williams

Locked in Panic Room

Over Drug Test Mix-Up

11/2/2011 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Serena Williams
Serena Williams went into total lockdown last week -- fleeing to a panic room inside her L.A. mansion after security cameras picked up a suspected intruder ... but it was all a case of mistaken identity.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Serena's assistant called 911 around 6AM last Wednesday, reporting a possible burglar or prowler. It was so serious, we're told Serena retreated to her panic room for safe keeping in case things got dangerous.

But we're told, it was a false alarm -- the person on Serena's security camera was a random drug tester for an unspecified tennis association, stopping by Serena's pad unannounced for some pee.

Police rushed to the scene after the 911 call, but quickly figured out the mistake. It's unclear if Serena eventually submitted to a pee test. Attempts to reach her reps were unsuccessful.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

paj

Sure it was a pee test and not a penis test?

Jay

I need to get one of those room.

pam

I would be a little panicked if someone came to my door at 6 in the morning too. The random drug testing that athletes have to put up with is ridiculous. I would never let a stranger in my house, I don't care how much ID they carried.

wiptidoo

She has a PANIC ROOM????? REALLY! She feels she is that important!

boomer

Man .....thats one ugly transvestite

Rico

It amazes me. If Taylor Swift retreated to a panic room because of some unannounced person was on her property, the comments would be completely different. Im starting to really hate the underlying ******!

andre`

Work it Serena. I love you. Call the police if you think you are in danger. You are the best. Protect yourself.

bunny

A panic room? Is that where people go when they have a panic attack or is this like a bomb shelter?

batterup

I don care if he jus wants ma pee. I done paid a million bucks for that panic room and ima gonna use it.

moe l.

Uhhhhh, the "panic room" should be for the intruder. Can you imagine a 7 foot muscle mass with long hair staring you down??? He was "peeing" because he was horrified. He thought he found Big Foot.

I Know

Well...weed does make you paranoid ya know

Big Ron

Drug testers for athletes do not call to tell you their coming.It gives someone time to alter the test somehow if they know their on the way.But,the tester should have called when he/she was about five or ten minutes away so she would know who it was at that early hour.I have read that some athletes would have someone actually wait in their bathroom in a closet to give their urine instead of hteir own knowing it had steroid residue in it.But a call 5 minutes before arriving would have been a good idea.No way she would have had time to do this.I doubt if she uses drugs anyway.She is just a naturally big lady.Plus these players all get tested before all their tournaments too.

Big Ron

This is a joke!You mean to tell me this woman never had the drug tester come to her place before.She doesn't have the sense to keep her door locked and check this person's credentials?Ask for identification?She is a great tennis player but lacks any common senseBut,the agency should have told her the night before of the arrival of the tester the next day if it was going to be so early in the morning.If she was dirty it would have been too late for her to keep her specimen clean.This is the result of bad communication.

Jim

She is so stupid to think that someone would even consider attacking her. I'm so glad her and her sister are has beens now. Tennis can get back to normal now.

Marija

Did he collect the pee from the carpet? Oh I'm gross. :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments