« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Serena Williams

Locked in Panic Room

Over Drug Test Mix-Up

11/2/2011 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Serena Williams
Serena Williams went into total lockdown last week -- fleeing to a panic room inside her L.A. mansion after security cameras picked up a suspected intruder ... but it was all a case of mistaken identity.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Serena's assistant called 911 around 6AM last Wednesday, reporting a possible burglar or prowler. It was so serious, we're told Serena retreated to her panic room for safe keeping in case things got dangerous.

But we're told, it was a false alarm -- the person on Serena's security camera was a random drug tester for an unspecified tennis association, stopping by Serena's pad unannounced for some pee.

Police rushed to the scene after the 911 call, but quickly figured out the mistake. It's unclear if Serena eventually submitted to a pee test. Attempts to reach her reps were unsuccessful.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Shawn

Mistaken identity, lol. You tend to panic when you're dirty and the drug man is at the door.

Jackie

It was last week...why are you reporting old stories? oh wait a minute....KIM is paying ya to keep her azz on your site...that's why you are late on this whore too.

Holly

The drug tester could have at least called first. If someone showed up at my house at 6AM for a drug test I'd be furious!

tlcmk

It's all right. He can pee standing up. Besides if they have not tagged him for roids yet, they probably never will.

The Real JJ

A panic room...WTF?? I knew tennis payed but damn!

campy

Bwahahahahah! Riiiiighhht. That beotch thinks she's so important that she needs a panic room. Lmao. Keep playing tennis ho.

Ace

I've been forced into my panic room a few times, I also call it my closet, dang laundry basket always in the way.

crazy christmas pie

LOL @ this painfully ugly, amazon, drag queen, wannabe fashion icon cowering in a panic room. . . .

Chris

SAFE ROOM = TREE.

DirtySouth

Yeah. OK. That's it. She's been a pro for how long? I'm sure this is not the first time a drug tester showed up unannounced. It's their job to do that. Even if she didn't recognize them at first, wouldn't the thought that this was possibly the drug tester at least cross her mind. And she saw them OUTSIDE on security cameras. It wasn't like the dude was inside the house. Sounds very fishy. At the same time, the drug tester could have just wiped the urine from the floor when she pissed herself in fear before retreating to her panic room.

Raven Evermore

Those poor Williams brothers........

T.

Someone is walking on my property before 6am and I'm not expecting them yea I'd call the police.

craig

i would lock myself in a panic room also if someone showed up for a random drug test

charles

She couldn't do the pee-test anymore, she dunnit in her pants already ... :-)

ChunkyLightning

That's one way to beat a drug test!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments