Avril Tussles with Chick,

Brody Takes Bottle to Head

11/6/2011 2:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1106-brody-jenner-avril-lavigne-getty-ex-credit
Brody Jenner was cracked in the head with a bottle trying to break up a fight in Hollywood early this morning -- and law enforcement tells TMZ ... the fight was between an unknown girl and Brody's GF, Avril Lavigne.

According to our sources, Avril got into a dust-up shortly before 1:00 AM at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. We're told when Brody tried to intervene ... he took a bottle to the head from someone for his troubles.

Law enforcement sources tell us hotel security broke up the fight and detained Brody and others involved. Police were called to the hotel and when all was said and done ... we're told the police report listed Brody as the victim of an assault with a deadly weapon.

Our sources say Brody was the only one involved who spoke to police -- the other combatants (including Avril) had split by the time they arrived. We're told Brody refused medical attention and went to the hospital on his own.

No arrests were made.

update_bar
Brody was actually snapped after the brawl, his face bloodied from where the bottle hit him. Avril tweeted the next day, saying she was "attacked by 5 people." She claimed to suffer a black eye, among other injuries, but a photo of her didn't show those injuries clearly.

Kay

Something sure happened to his face. He looks like a girl!

HM

She did not do well on her tour
She always did what she wanted shes a spoiled brat
get rid of her to

ernie

WTF this people!!!

how can he get involved in a fight I know is Avril Lavigne but ohh this crazy people poor Brody! but is sooo good he defend the love of his life Avril I will do the same but oh how annoying!

I'm sure that happend when the bitch saw the tweet photo of brody with Avril then she wanted to attack Avril
POOR JELOUS BITCH!!!

HWOODPR

Does this guy have a job or go to school? He's a little old to still be acting like a frat boy.

Enough

Another talentless, pseudo-celebrity - just like the entire Kardashian family. I still have yet to figure out why these people are considered celebrities and why they deserve media coverage.

Mely

I haven't any words. Keep holding on Avril!!!!!!!

Mely

I haven't any words! Keep holding on Avril!

tacky66

does he have a career or is he just a bum?

lizz

WHY IS HE STILL WITH AVRIL. GROSS!!! I hate that little rocker chick... always starting fights. She deserves to have her ugly ass kicked... then permanently removed from the music scene

marco

This's not true. avril was attacked.

Bruno

"I don't fight. I don't believe in it. To clear things up I got attacked by 5 people last night out of nowhere. Not cool. My face is ******.""As in black eye, bloody nose, hair ripped out, scratches, bruises and cuts. So not ok to be abusive to others. Violence is NEVER the answer"

KAM

SHE'S TRASH

Hazel

FYI Avril was attacked by 5 people out of no where and Brody took a bottle to his head, injured himself while protecting Avril. Watch your words

Josh

I feel people here need to grow up, Avril is a great person.. dont we all have ups and downs? Be positive, violence is a NO, hopefully lessons are learned but I wasn't there and I don't believe the media, this is not our buisness, I wish her the best, thank Brody for standing up for her. Avril is amazing.

Jessica