MJ Estate Slams MSNBC

'Disgusted' by Decision

to Air Murray Documentary

11/9/2011 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1109-mj-conrad-murray-tmz-BN
The Michael Jackson Estate is lashing out at MSNBC -- saying it's "disgusted" with the network for planning to air the Conrad Murray documentary this weekend.

The Estate issued a statement ... saying, "Like so many of Michael’s fans, the Estate is also disgusted by MSNBC’s irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray 'documentary.'"

The statement continued, "The Co-Executors, John Branca and John McClain, are sending a letter to the top executives at Comcast, NBC Universal and MSNBC to express their disdain for their actions."

The MJ fans are predictably up in arms as well -- in fact, the group, "Justice 4 MJ" is trying to organize a global boycott of the documentary, "Michael Jackson and The Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" ... saying, "The only documentary we want to see is the one of Murray enjoying prison life."

update_bar
10:40 AM: Jermaine Jackson just tweeted, "I hear all upset/frustrations re Murray doc. It's shameless & sickens me too, but I choose not to give it attention/controversy it craves."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cartman

They are just upset because they want to be paid.

Marie

Now they are selling on ebay the bed where Michael Jackson died of a propofol overdose. That's even more disgusting.

Gary

What...only the Jacksons should be allowed to have specials....**** them.....I can't wait to see the special....dr Murray didn't kill Michael.....Michael killed himself, just like Elvis, Janice Joplin, Jimmy Hendricks...etc,,,,did anybody go after their drug dealers?...

ABB

LOL! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Amie

Now one watches that garbage cable channel anyway so no one will see it.

Tammy

The man has a right to speak, even if you don't want to hear what he has to say.

Candice

When is it airing? I do NOT want to miss this.

"I told da toorth."

Maximus

And yet the "family" was perfectly OK with having MJ "sleep" in the same bed with prepubescent boys for decades ... That is what is really disgusting ...

Caroline

I don't mind them airing it but I suspect they paid Murray for it, which is troubling. Whoever said crime doesn't pay was nuts.

Mazor

It's strange when a drug addicted child molester is the most morally upstanding member of his family and entourage.

Rick

cant wait 2 see

boomer

They should be more discusted with any of their do***entarys or interviews, Freak family!

Carol L

I wasn't planning on watching it. Didn'*****ch the trial. Really don't care about the whole thing. But since "the Estate" thinks it's disgusting, I think I'll give it a try.

Sonja

Jeeze it wasn't premeditated murder. It's involuntary manslaughter, it is just another story, besides do***entaries have been made of far worse criminals than Dr. Murry. What are they afraid of?

Kelly

Disgusted over the airing of the Doc yet not so much over the auctioning off of the bed he died in?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments