TMZ Live

Penn State Scandal

Giving Mike McQueary a Pass?!

11/10/2011 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

111011_tmzlive

Penn State fires Joe Paterno, but says it's cool for Mike McQueary to coach this weekend? The same McQueary who, according to testimony, witnessed Jerry Sandusky's alleged rape of a young boy.

Matt Hahn -- Rachel Uchitel's husband and a former PSU player -- joined us to rip his alma mater's handling of the scandal. Plus, student body prez TJ Bard tries to explain why some students are on the fence about an issue that's so black and white.

Outrage and frustration -- two things you'll feel after today's episode. We did.

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(3:01) PSU fires Paterno, but not McQueary -- who witnessed a boy being raped ... and then ran away like a coward.
(6:40) Harvey reads the shocking grand jury testimony about what McQueary claims to have witnessed.
(10:25) PSU student body president TJ Bard is on the phone. He says if "anyone has aided in the continued abuse of a child" doesn't belong at the school -- but refuses to say McQueary should be fired.
(12:45) Why won't Bard stand up against McQueary?
(15:00) How can the students honor the victims ... if they let McQueary at the game?
(17:10) Shocking -- there's no line of communication between the university and Bard.
(23:50) Another student calls in -- and won't take a hard stand on the issue. So frustrating.
(42:40) Matt Hahn -- Rachel Uchitel's husband and former PSU football player -- calls in ... and FINALLY ... someone takes a serious stand against the school.

Jay W.

Mcqueary has to GO! If Penn State wants to truly cut all ties and liabilities with the scandal.

Helpful Handyman

The Grand Jury report states that McCreary entered the locker/shower room and heard a "rhythmic slapping" sound and then saw a 10-yr-old boy with his hands against the wall and Sandusky sodomizing him. Please, please, give those PSU b*stards to me (hypothetically speaking). This makes me sicker than anything else ever could.

Rico Suavy

Fire the coach, fire the school president, replaces all the professors, then blow up the football stadium & all the athletic buildings. Talk about overreacting. Lighten up people.

Jay W.

Hell... The whole football program needs to be reformed.

Stan Giesea

These rabid fans think that sports is more important than protecting young people from predators. Shades of the Catholic Church!

Deb Colorado

He should be prosecuted!! He walked in a witnessed this 10 year old little boy being raped. And then left. Shameful!!!

Kelly

Did he testify he saw a rape?
I thought it was that he saw the perv showering with a young boy.

Veritatis Amans

In fact, I'll train you on how to intervene - dial 911, tell the emergency operator, "A man is raping a child in the showers of the Lasch Building on the Penn State Campus."

Deb Colorado

By the way...Put this schmuck and the assist. coach in the prison population...please.

Shirley

Does anyone else think it is wierd that the former Centre couny DA is still missing and was declared dead after investing Jerry Sandusky back in 2004?? They have never found his body.. but his computer was found in the Susquehanna river

Deb Colorado

Sandusky will be on the sidelines coaching the game on Saturday. Penn State continues to put the game of football before the well being of children.

Helpful Handyman

I have a bright idea. Let's ship all the PSU aristocracy over to one of Californi'a federal prisons and let the inmates have their way with them, whatever that en"tails", for a very long period of time.

Jackie

This is very upsetting. F*ck all the these idiots. I hope these victims get a huge justice.

Give me a break!

Hey Harvey,

Have you heard about this report that just came out... OMMG! It seems the sexual abuse scandle might be getting a lot worse.Link at the bottom and video of report as well.

Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden

by Michael Hurley on Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:50PM 554

Do you like this story?

In April, Pittsburgh radio host Mark Madden wrote a story revealing Penn State for much of the cover-up of Jerry Sandusky's alleged child rape that has been exposed in the past week. While it didn't raise many eyebrows back then, six months later it looks to be incredibly accurate.

On Thursday morning, just hours after legendary head coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier were fired by the school's board of trustees, Madden was asked on The Dennis and Callahan Show what he believes the next piece of news will be.

What he said was twice as shocking as anything that's been released thus far.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden told John Dennis and Gerry Callahan. "I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That was being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."

After the news spread, Madden later explained via Twitter why he went public with the rumors.

"I normally abhor giving RUMORS credence," Madden wrote. "But whole Sandusky scandal started out as a RUMOR. It gets deeper and more disgusting all the time. One of state's top columnists investigating. That adds credence. I am NOT rumor's original source. [Why does] Sandusky deserve benefit of doubt?"

Madden also spoke more definitively on Dennis and Callahan to the cover-up efforts at the school and beyond that he expects will be made public soon.

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

"My opinion is when Sandusky quit, everybody knew -- not just at Penn State," Madden added. "I think it was a very poorly kept secret about college football in general, and that is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55. [That's] young for a coach, certainly."

heather1724

Thank You, Harvey. Thank You.