Fake MTV Boy Band Reunites

We Want Our Show Back!

11/14/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

2gether
And you thought there were no boy bands left from the 90s to reunite -- TMZ has learned the faux-MTV group 2gether are giving it a shot ... and they want to bring their old TV show back.

For those who don't remember -- the group starred in a TV movie and spin off series which parodied the boy band craze ... and the group became so popular they even toured with Britney Spears.

TMZ spoke to the Alex Solowitz -- the "bad boy" of the group -- who tells us that the guys have discussed filming a parody documentary detailing the band's reunion. The fake-doc would also show them creating a new song.

Sadly, the group's youngest member, Michael Cuccione, passed away in 2001 after a long battle with cancer. The group plans on donating a MAJOR amount of the proceeds to his foundation.

Solowitz says the whole group is on board -- now they just need to meet with MTV and the show's creators to get them to sign off on the idea.

Metta Worldhate

I want a f'n pony. Life ain't fair, brahs.

amazon_woman

But who is the one on the very right in the orange shirt?

love

Love them was watching my 2gether DVD movie the other day and can't stop singing, Before we say goodbye .

pratt

No one ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention 2gether!
WHEN IT COMES TO COSINE I KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT ME AND YOU. I KNOW MY CALCULUS IT SAYS U + ME = US.
---
IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN YOUR FACE SO LONG SINCE I'VE BEEN TO FIRST BASE. I REALLY MISS THE FEEL OF YOUR KISS BUT CAN I HAVE MY THINGS BEFORE I GET REALLY PISSED?

Miranda

OMG They are amazing. WITH by the way REAL talents! , And we need them back since now a days bands/Singers take things way to serious, We need a group "BoyBand" to get us dancing laughing and having fun! , We don't have that much anymore :(.
BRING THEM BACK! THERE FANS BAGG YOU

Samantha

YES PLEASE, and I really hope they release the series on DVD or something. I've been 2gether deprived for 10+ years. I've been searching for my 2gether "Again" album, as well as the movie.

mdavies

YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

alison

@metta. duh mickey parke.

erie

I heard there teaming up with icon reggae pop star JohnnyRay who had that hit on 2006 Big Up In Da Club I seen his pictures on yahoo music and Napster he has a page on Facebook under deejay jonnyray or johnnyray reggae he has pictures kissing snookie he's def legit. Worked with alot of top icons this should be awesome...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4