« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike MCQueary Email

I DID Stop The Rape

11/15/2011 4:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1115-mike-mcqueary-getty2-bn
Mike McQueary
wrote an email in the last week, griping that he's "getting hammered" unfairly because he claims he stopped Jerry Sandusky from continuing to anally rape a 10-year-old before leaving the locker room in 2002.

The email -- obtained by the Associated Press, reads as follows:

"You are the first person I have told this ... and I don't know you extremely well ... and I have been told bye (sic) officials to not say anything ...."

"I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with the official at the university in charge of police ... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me."

"Do with this what you want ... but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

"This is off record ... again ... I have not and will not say anything to anyone else."

It's unclear who received the email, but it sounds like it was sent to a reporter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cooley

I agree with McQueery... if it weren't for him, nothing would have been done at all. I just wish he had followed up more assertively. He trusted his superiors and they let everyone down.

JBDragon

He saw what was going on, said stop, and basically didn't do much else! I'd been on the phone that second calling 911 and getting the REAL POLICE there as quickly as possible. I just don't get it. What's so complected about this?

you know it

how is stopping a child from being raped "a tough decision"?

bob uhl

thanks mike, do not let those who put football over assaulting a little boy distract from the courageous action you took. you are a hero.

Rob

He says he "made sure it was stopped when [he] left that locker room" but he doesn't mention how much time elapsed between when he first say the rape being comitted and when he "left that locker room." All this means is that after he saw Jerry raping the boy he retreated to another area of the locker room and hung around until after Jerry and the kid had come out of the shower. That's certainly not the same as "stopping" the attack. Furthermore, he did talk with the guy who was in charge of the campus police but that wasn't until later and it wasn't because he had called the police. This guy should be out of coaching for ever. Hes a coward and a mororn.

me

Whether he is lying or not - he is saying "I handled it the right way"?! Seriously?! The "right way" to handle that was to take the boy away with you and away from that disgusting lunatic then call the cops and have him arrested. I don't know how anyone can witness that and walk away and then be able to put their head on their pillow every night and go to sleep. ALL who covered this up should be in jail. ALL OF THEM! Then they can see what it is like to be raped while people watch or walk away!!!!

NanaR

By not stopping it physically, he should be almost as accountable as Sandusky! The correct thing to do was either stay with the child until cops could get there or excort the child out & to the cops. What a pathetic loser!

terryford

Get real..you were under oath and didn't tell this story..NOW..with the whole world outraged...you send an email to "somebody you don't know well"..You gutless coward...is this the type of man the "great" joepa produced...NO THANKS-- time to beg the abused kids for forgiveness!!!

rico

not enough, ginger. stop whining and own up to the fact that you valued your job more. kill yourself.

Jeannine

HE IS FULL OF IT!!!!!!! so he said he stopped it....did he take the little boy out of the locker room with him??? why didn't he call the POLICE, AS SOOM AS HE LEFT THE LOCKER ROOM????? did he make sure the little boy got home, did he take the boy to the hospital, did he tell the boys' paremts what he saw???? he is a s***bag too....COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Jeannine

terri

Anyone who didn't report this to the POLICE should be fired. Did Joe Paterno report this to the police?? Oh right, he didn't. He was so much more concerned about the reputation of Penn State. They ALL need to go down, because so what if they lost their jobs, these kids lost so much more.

Pat B

If he "stopped" it and went to the "campus police", why didn't he say that in his grand jury testimony? Sounds like he's tryint to cover his a**! He needs to be fired just like the others.

Marie

When Jerry Sandusky said he was "horsing" around with the boys he meant that he rode them boys like horses. I am a woman so if I walk into a grown man having sex with a child I scream at the top of my lungs and I call 911 immediately. If I were a man I would beat up that pedophile first then grab that child and then call 911. That is why I don't get it when McQueary said he did not physically stop Sandusky from raping that boy.

Shannon

"no one know my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me." I would have LOVED to be in your shoes because Sandusky would be one appendage short when he left that shower. This email sounds like a man that is trying to CYA!