Mike Rowe Sued

I Get Teased in Prison

... and It's All YOUR FAULT!!

11/22/2011 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1120_mike_rowe_ex
Mike Rowe
can't stand the nickname "Dirty Jobs" ... he HATES Lee Jeans ... and he's suing mad -- but he's not Mike Rowe the TV star, it's ANOTHER Mike Rowe, who happens to be an inmate at a South Dakota prison.

TMZ has learned ... Mike Rowe (the prisoner) is SUING Mike Rowe (the celebrity) -- claiming he copyrighted the name earlier this year and celebrity Rowe has no right to use it ... but that's just the beginning.

In the docs, Rowe (prisoner) gripes that his life behind bars is a living hell because of his name -- insisting, "I can't live here in prison without being called Dirty Jobs or ... Dirtiest Man."

He adds, "I am subject to this ridicule every day that I live."

As far as the copyright claim goes -- Rowe (prisoner) claims he has a major problem with celebrity Rowe's endorsements -- saying, "Lee Jeans states Mike Rowe wears Lee Jeans or [is] for them. I do not wear nor have ever worn Lee Jeans and further, I am not for them."

Rowe claims he's not a fan of Viva Towels either.

According to prison officials, Rowe was sentenced to several years of hard time after his 3rd and 4th DUI bust.

TMZ called Mike Rowe (the celebrity) for comment -- so far, no response.

zack

first! but reallllly

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Hahaha. Comedy.

Mike L

You can't copyright a persons name. The celebrity had the name before the jailbird tried to copyright it, so theres nothing he can do. He can just rot in jail for using banned substances and driving. Plus, dude, you live in South Dakota!! Nobody gives a damn what you say or think!

CountryGal

LoL thanks for the laugh tmz. I hope this moron stays in jail for all eternity.

dropped

....no words are needed only laughter

crimsons

What lawyer took this gig?

StevenTyler324

Truly amazing. I think I've watched enough "Lock Up" on MSNBC to know that while you're in jail, anything goes. This is a guy just trying to get everyone to stop picking on him.

JM1974

Wow....

Asian 101

Yet another reason for the death penalty!

carla

OMG!! Oh wait...no...eh, sorry. ****, in fact, not given. Sorry, I tried.

captphat

if its the mike rowe who lived in Pierre, sd. The famous Mike Rowe doesnt have to worry about anything - Im surprised he came up with something like this.

Steve

Prisoner Rowe! GET A GRIP! LOSER!

tellmeaboutit

Two things occur to me. One, calling Mike Rowe a celebrity is a joke to start with. Two, how do all these upstanding citizens in prison (not jail) know so much about a reality show? You mean, they show that crap in prisons?? That is cruel and unusual punishment. Reality shows cause brain rot, obviously.

Maverick

Mike Rowe is a big fake.

I saw him this summer in front of Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica driving around in a Chevrolet Suburban. Isn't he the spokesman for Ford?

Ih8Taxes

How is such a frivolous lawsuit even allowed? Oh wait, that's right...we live in the U.S.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments