Mike Rowe Sued

I Get Teased in Prison

... and It's All YOUR FAULT!!

11/22/2011 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1120_mike_rowe_ex
Mike Rowe
can't stand the nickname "Dirty Jobs" ... he HATES Lee Jeans ... and he's suing mad -- but he's not Mike Rowe the TV star, it's ANOTHER Mike Rowe, who happens to be an inmate at a South Dakota prison.

TMZ has learned ... Mike Rowe (the prisoner) is SUING Mike Rowe (the celebrity) -- claiming he copyrighted the name earlier this year and celebrity Rowe has no right to use it ... but that's just the beginning.

In the docs, Rowe (prisoner) gripes that his life behind bars is a living hell because of his name -- insisting, "I can't live here in prison without being called Dirty Jobs or ... Dirtiest Man."

He adds, "I am subject to this ridicule every day that I live."

As far as the copyright claim goes -- Rowe (prisoner) claims he has a major problem with celebrity Rowe's endorsements -- saying, "Lee Jeans states Mike Rowe wears Lee Jeans or [is] for them. I do not wear nor have ever worn Lee Jeans and further, I am not for them."

Rowe claims he's not a fan of Viva Towels either.

According to prison officials, Rowe was sentenced to several years of hard time after his 3rd and 4th DUI bust.

TMZ called Mike Rowe (the celebrity) for comment -- so far, no response.

campy

LMAO! That's awesome...for Mike Rowe, not Mike Rowe.

JonnyHeartthrob

Wait...what?

kitnplayn

HEY, WHEN YOU ARE IN JAIL, DO THEY EVER CALL YOU MIKE ROWE SOFT (SNICKER). MAYBE YOU SHOULD SUE MICROSOFT NEXT. HEY, I KNOW, QUIT DRINKING AND GET A JOB YOU LAZY FREE-LOADER.

P.S. What kind of a moron copyrights his own name, unless he is working a future money scheme. Is that what you're doing, Mikey? Do you want to go back to jail? I think you like it there. I think you like homo sex. I would guess there is very little work effort involved when you are the receiver.

Patti

Mike Rowe... NOT THE ONE LOCKED UP... is a GREAT guy~ He is also an Eagle Scout and sent our son an Eagle Scout a VERY nice letter! Mike Rowe the one locked up, you are a LOW LIFE...Our son and family looks up to the REAL MIKE ROWE. What a waste of the legal system...

Tina

Wow this is totally Hilarious...I love Mike Rowe...The Celebrity not the prisoner.

Ryan

WOW. This dude is really grasping for some straws on this suit. I'm sure being an ex-con makes earning a living sort of difficult but this is pathetic. Funny he blames his problems on the famous Mike Rowe. You'd think he'd look around his jail cell and realize he had quite a lot of them before he thought up this soon-to-be-dismissed bullsh*t case.

Yepzie

My neighbors name is Mike Rowe. I guess he can sue too! I mean, maybe he doesn't like Lee jeans!

Mike

Can Mike Rowe (the celebrity) sue Mike Rowe (the idiot) for being a stupid drunk?

craig

My name is BUCKWHEAT and you don't hear me complaining.

Annie

"According to prison officials, Rowe is serving time for a DUI-related offense -- but they wouldn't reveal any more details."

Proof that alcohol kills brain cells. Get a grip Prisoner Rowe!

spyseagullrobot

I don't think he has a case because of the very simple fact that the Mike Rowe he's wishing to sue has no responsibility for his being in prison. his main complaint is the ridicule he's experiencing in prison which he put himself in so I'm guessing the Judge throws it out.

spyseagullrobot

I don't especially like or dislike Lee jeans. If I change my name to Mike Rowe can I jump on the bandwagon? I could use the extra Cash...just kidding y'all lmao.Really?

UPYOURS

If this Prisoner hates being called Dirty Jobs, he should clean up his act and quit breaking the law!!!

spyseagullrobot

It's not his fault you're in prison. it's YOUR fault your in prison. trying to blame a person you've never k met for your own actions is STUPID. and I hope he counter sue's you for lawyer fees and makes you so sorry you were ever so stupid that you'll never get behind a wheel again when your drunk and potentially kill someone's son or daughther because you were too much of a lazy ass unresponsible Drunk to call a cab.SHAME ON YOU.

spyseagullrobot

For the record I like to drink and I am about more than 3 decaded old. I don't do the clubs or bars anymore but even when I did I never sat behind a wheel after drinking. Ever. I think in my 20's I walked barefoot a few times home or got a ride or taxi and didn't remember the next day where my care was but I never even thought to get into one and drive it after drinking I just dont get it. do what you want to do but when your going to be a potential murderer of someone's child get in a ******* Taxi.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments