T.I.

Some Gays are 'Not American'

11/27/2011 6:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1126_ti_tmz
T.I. thinks gays need to get over themselves ... at least the ones who try and muzzle people from telling harmless jokes.

T.I. was discussing gay rights with Vibe magazine -- an issue he says he supports -- and then mentioned Tracy Morgan's controversial comments earlier this year:

"Man, I will say this, the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy say during a stand-up was, 'C'mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d**k, you can take a joke.' [Cracks up laughing.] That s**t was funny to me. And it’s kind of true."

Then T.I. unloaded ... talking about oversensitivity in the gay community, which he believes betrays the First Amendment which guarantees freedom of speech.

"They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace."

So we ask ...

nelson

I agree, but where do you draw the line? These days everyone is offended by something said about someone. Blacks? Illegals? Gays? Lesbians? Transgenders?
BTW, I'm gay, in my late 50's and lived through the tough times when being gay wasn't so easy. Lots of headway has been made for all in the past 40 years. Lets not forget where we once were.

teedofftaxpayer

Well Dey, I guess you can't wake up one day and decide you want to be black, or brown, or slant eyes or whatever, but trust me on this-you don't wake up one day and decide you want to be gay. No matter what the religious freaks tells you IT'S NOT A CHOICE.

matt

It's pretty funny that a black person is calling gay people over sensitive, last time I checked the black community are the first ones to scream inequality and damn you for being racist if you say or do something that is offensive. I'm with "unimpressed" on their comment, don't open your mouth if you don't know what your talking about. Everyone i*****ed on for something but if everyone would just stop and shut the hell up it would all be overwith.

Bec215

Right on... But that also means minorities have to get over white people telling ethnic or racial jokes - can HE deal with THAT?

pyl

I agree with TI.Gays are being too sensitive, as aa matter of fact everyone is being too sensitive. I must say that I love gays,and have several family members who are gay. I accept them and love them.

carla

Shut bossip down. The owner or writer is racist and should be called out --- bossip should be held responsible for their racist attacks against white people. Bossip is horribly offensive. Do your work tmz -- it's not just gays that get hurt. We all do. Call it like it is.

C729

So if I insert the word "black" instead of gay is that still okay?

Mike

right, change that joke into an N joke and see who is the most sensitive.

ladee da

If that's the case, black folks...You weren't around to feel your ancestors pain, you're the most privileged generation to date. Take responsibility for your ignorance. Shut the hell up. You don't like black jokes that are "negative" but it's ok to attack another group of people.

fortgirl

I totally agree with him. Some people that are die hard gay rights activists are way too sensitive and self absorbed. They think every little thing is offensive and it gets really old. Lighten up!! Nobody likes a cry baby.

Gee Man

Ban everything now!

wd

it takes one to know one.He is a pretty boy.

Asia C

TMZ you're journalism is baffling. I like how "misleading" your headline is, but sorry nothing this man said was out of line. When comedians cant tell jokes, it's a problem. Not just gay jokes, any joke that may deal with men, women, blacks, whites, mexicans, asians etc! Again, bad journalism if we can even call it that.

AO4YAYO

my choice is what I choose to do
and if I'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me

ben harper

Jah36

Hit the nail on the head with this one. That's what the homosexual agenda is about...attempting to make it so that no one can even discuss what used to be considered common-sense, that homosexuality is unnatural. This is done as a means to legitimize their perverted behavior. It is stifling free speech and it is anti-American. The homosexual agenda needs to be confronted and stopped. This behavior is repugnant. Our society used to understand that. It's a shame.