Charlie Sheen

The REEL Reason

I'm Blowing Through Colombia

11/29/2011 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1129_charlie_sheen_EX_01
Charlie Sheen is NOT in Colombia to do coke -- he's there scouting locations for a new mystery movie he's developing ... (and possibly to do coke).

As we previously reported, Sheen's currently traveling around the country with a camera crew -- and now, the Warlock tells TMZ it's all part of an effort to remake a classic movie from the 70s, set in South America.

Sheen won't disclose what the movie's about -- but claims he's already reached out to Nicolas Cage about starring in the film.

Sheen tells us the project is still in its early stages .... and right now, he's just trying to get a feel for the terrain.

When asked to describe the movie, Charlie simply told us ... "Epic."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Dayan

This story is ridiculous and insulting to Colombia, that man is a mess, and everyone knows it, mold more respect TMZ.

TMZ´son

damn drug! us the make, but you consumed, filthy bastards!

KIKI

HARRY LEVINE: TMZ.... SHAME ON YOU!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PUT THE NAME OF MY COUNTRY COLOMBIA AND THE WORD COCAINE IN THE SAME SENTENCE? IT IS VERY DISRESPECTFUL FOR THE SOLDIERS AND THE GOVERNMENT THAT FOR DECADES HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THE DRUG DEALERS SO YOU HARRY AND YOUR CHILDREN (OH SORRY! I FORGOT YOU ARE GAY) DON'T USE COKE. THE COLOMBIAN HAVE BEEN PUT LITERS AND LITERS OF BLOOD IN OUR STREETS WHILE THE GRINGOS PUT TONS AND TONS OF COCAINE IN THEIR STREETS.

Zach

More like epic FAIL...

moso

OMG! in my comment I wrote that Colombia is a beautiful country!!!!DID YOU NOT READ IT! But you have to admit there are problems there still! Yes, there are many educated people. but for a very long time there are no jobs for the professionals! You can say what you want but you know it's true! Dr.s, Lawyers etc. cannot find work.Just like in the US.And they have poor. Just like in the US.. Every Colombian that wrote gets mad about the cocaine comments. Give me a break! That is what most people associate Colombians with. Yes they produce a lot of it but the US is the one that buys a lot of it as well. You don't hear the Americans crying when they are called Coke heads! As for being safe. You know damn well that they still kidnap people and at times shoot people for no real reason.Just like in the US at times. For those tourist that traveled and were safe is another story! They got lucky! I am proud to say I am Colombian (Born in the USA) I grew up going to Colombia and love that country! but I don't' deny or get "Insulted" when someone mentions COCAINE!!!!! I know the truth about the country and I still LOVE COLOMBIA!!! DONE!!!

WXV

MOSO: You are full of it. I have to been to more countries than you can count. Last year, 2.3 million foreign tourists visited Colombia. That is like 1,100% increase over 10 years ago. Foreign investors like Exxon, IBM, Pacific Rubiales, brought in over $12 billion to invest in various industries in Colombia. Kidnapping was 3,500 in 2002, but, in 2010, it went down to 170 or more that 95% reduction. Now the only kidnapping that is done is extreme remote and isolated areas. You have to work hard for it to happen. The evidence is more than ample that Colombia is no longer what it was and both foreign investment and tourist statistics is evidence enough. Actually, Brazil, Mexico, El Salvador, Venezuela, Honduras and Guatemala are way more dangerous. In all my travels that I did in Colombia by car, from Manizales to Ecuadorian border, Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, I never faced any problems or was robbed. In Naples, Italy, a guy pulled a knife on me and in Paris, France, my sister was robbed by Gypsies. In Chicago, Illinois, my bike was stolen. In Cali airport in Colombia, I dropped my US passport, travel tickets,wallet and money on a chair. A Colombian picked it and took it to the American Airlines counter, where they call me to pick it up, Based on my experience, Colombia was safer than the US, Italy or France.

Joan

Stupid stereotypes
a lot of this stupid people's comment are full sh@#
first get some knowledge about Colombia because if you dont you will do things like Mr and Miss smith because when they were in bogota they show a ******* poor town when bogota is a big and important city

AgentBlonde

Hava a great time and don't let anyone cramp your style, Charlie.

Dany

Is not really surprising how american people are so ignorant about what is outside their country...... Do you really believe that here, in colombia you woul find cocaine in every place??? You are really STUPID,IGNORANT PEOPLE..... SO FOOLISH

Daniela Rodriguez

I feel extremely offended as a Colombian person, because of publications like this foreigners have a wrong view about Colombia.

andres

I did not know that the Yankees were so backward and ignorant, it shows a lack of information and little courage to inquire about a beautiful country struggling to emerge from poverty, which has suffered at the expense of a large part of gringo drug user population ................ do not get tired of invading countries killing children burn and loot oil resources? misinform now?

Angela

colombia produces the coke and americans go to rehab... thats hilarious...

james

jajaja m da tristeza este canal porque hablan mal de sheen y se les olvida que el les da de comer a todos sigan soplando americanos jajaj saludos desde mi colombia

Haposai

If he'd be lookin for coke, he'd easily do it in the states, it's way easier over there, as they take it all, and thanks God that helps for Colombia to have less drugadicts

a1969

Watch this and then judge. www.colombiaespasion.com. look it up in YouTube, you will be less ignorant and amazed of such a beautiful country. Please educate yourselves before stating such ignorant comments. (This is meant for those who think we are a 3rd world country). Now Miami, that's what I call 3rd world. Oh btw, I am french, colombian, who has lived my entire life here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5