Mark Burnett

Goes on Mission with Joel Osteen

11/29/2011 8:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1129_mark_burnette_joel_osteen_ex_1
"Survivor" producer Mark Burnett is teaming up with Joel Osteen for a primetime network show in 2012, TMZ has learned.

Burnett tells TMZ, the premise of the show is that ordinary people will give up several days or longer to go on a mission with Joel Osteen, one of the most popular pastors in the world.

All of the missions will be in the confines of US soil to "start fixing things."

According to sources, Burnett and his wife Roma Downey have become close friends with Joel and his wife Victoria -- and the two couples have even spent considerable time at each other's homes.

1129_mark_victoria_roma_mark_tweet
As for the new show, a deal has not been signed with any network -- but Burnett has the power to make it happen.

gutsygirl

I have read Joel's books and believe he is sincere in his faith without being judgemental. Victoria seems very shallow and controlling.

Observer999

Oh boy... mixing Burnett's power to get shows on prime time TV and watched, with the "imaginary guy in the sky" story. This connection explains why so many deluded deists are on shows like Survivor and why they have prayer circles asking God to keep them on the silly island.

URSilly

Awesome idea! I look forward to watching! Love Joel Osteen and love Burnett's shows!

Love the idea of "missions in the US" to help others! Yay!

Rider

Dont let that evil smile fool you, Joel is all about the money money money money money.

JJ

Joel Osteen claims to be a bible based pastor, but yet he refuses to preach what the good book says. He refuses to preach against homosexuality because he doesn't want to "offend" anyone. In reality he won't do it because some people may not like that, and will leave his church. My church has around 45-50 people and we all love and adore our pastor because he preaches from the bible and does not care if he offends anyone.

This is a bad deal. I wouldn't want to go on a mission with this guy. But then again, he thinks that if you have the mindset that you will be healed if you would just think about it long enough and hard enough it will happen.

Just my opionion. You are free to disagree with me.

ChloeMarie

This guy creeps me out.

God-Of-Lyf

Swingers much? Just Saying...

squeakermama

Joel: Another wolf in sheep's clothing. And for all of you that like him: You like what he says, and not what the bible says.

JCW

Well if he's willing to work with and promote such a noted homophobe, I guess we know where Mr. Burnett stands.... will be working to boycott his shows and encourage others to do so as well.

small asian penis

The Osteen's should be very careful. I can't help but doubt they are going to be taken advantage of... I would however like to be a contestant on the show.

Carl

If you want to start fixing things how about trying to rid the world of religion, especially the Judeo-Christian-Islam family of religions?

fgsd

Can you say con artist for Jesus? I can, and did.

This guy is a crook...only in America can we make money off of foolish 'believers' and it all legal and tax free baby...

Him and his wife won't burn in hell since there isn't one, but, their reputation is something I wouldn't want to live with. Fake azz preacher in the name of dollar bills....and the gulible love him and his so called 'Christian' azzz. Pitiful.

Send me money because I said so.....send me money becasue I will tell Jesus you did.....just send me money.....I will use it to make myself a very rich man and get a blond wife....send me money.....my 'church' needs another gold toilet....I need to write a book to stay relevent...send me money I need another new car.....tax free under the church.

Chun LI

Osteen's a fraud who blinks to much and his wife's an abuser who likes to attack flight attendants.

David

I can't wait to see Joel's home in Telluride.

jimmy