Tyrese Gibson

Lands MANSION for a Steal --

I'm a Master Haggler!

12/3/2011 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_tyrese_house_launch_v2

Tyrese Gibson has got some serious negotiating skills -- TMZ has learned, the actor just snatched up a spanking new L.A. mansion ... for almost a half a mil less than the asking price.

The R&B star closed on the digs in July, dropping $1,038,750 on the deal -- but according to court docs obtained by TMZ, the original asking price was much steeper ... $1,499,000.

The 5-bedroom, 5,586 square foot Mediterranean-style palace -- built just this year --  comes complete with a giant tropical backyard featuring a waterfall, private pool, basketball court … and enough room for 10 cars.

Phil

And in two weeks it will be worth even less.

Ozzie X

That is not a "mansion". It's more of a luxury home.

travcm

seems like a good deal

michaela

Asking price is not the same as 'Fair market value' . Just because someone asks $ 1.5M does not mean that it's worth $ 1.5M .

If I own a house worth $ 1M , there's nothing that prevents me from asking $ 2M for it. If then a buyer comes and offers $ 1.5M - who's the one that got the great deal?

Dee

TMZ's sight is filled with jealousy. Just say congrats and keep it pushin' losers.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'm going to have to look up the definition of a mansion. My cousin bought a 6000 sq. ft. forclosure for 109k. It is a big gorgeous house, but it never crossed my mind that it was a mansion. Even though it's fairly new and has a game room and theater it's not as luxurious as Tyrese's house. Is that why his is considered a mansion and my cousin's is just a big house?

Celeb Gossip Addict

Ok I looked it up and Tyrese's house may or may not be a mansion according to Wikipedia. U.S. realtors define a mansion as an 8000 sq. ft. or more dwelling but there is no real definition beyond that and any large well appointed house could be called a mansion. So even though my cousin's house is bigger it has less property around it and no pool and certainly no basketball court and it looks like a beautiful house. Tyrese's house is more than that so I'll call it a mansion. Of course I'll take my cousin's house at 109k over Tyrese's million dollar digs any day of the week.

static

Looks like 2 story bungalow.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You can get a house like that in Texas for less than half that price.

lynsay

tacky new money mcmansion.

boricua4669

Beautiful house .... ! Good deal !

who dat

Who wrote this article? Fat mike. It doesn't take any skillz to negotiate a lower price on real estate in this market. You guys lookin for fluff filler pieces. Cause you're too lazy to find interesting stories on the weekend.

Justice

That is one ugly house. A cement front yard with oil stains, and good luck on those cheap-o windows.

It looks like Downey.

GOOD JOB on those negotiations!

Greygoose125

This property would be a well appointed home - however a mansion is generally considered to be 10,000 square feet or more.

abby