Sofia Coppola

Planning a Movie

About The Burglar Bunch

12/4/2011 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1204_Sofia_Coppola_Nick_Prugo_GETTY_EX
Sofia Coppola is once again casting her lens on Hollywood -- but she's not focusing on movie stars this time, but rather the people who stole from them!

According to our sources, Coppola is developing a film based on the infamous Burglar Bunch. We're told the film, which would be produced by daddy Francis' Zoetrope studio, does not have a start date or even a script yet.

Sources close to the project tell TMZ ... producers approached Burgler Buncher Nick Prugo about being a consultant on the film, but he declined. We're told Tess Taylor, sister of Buncher Alexis Neiers, has now signed on to the project.

Calls to Coppola were not returned.

M

What exactly do they mean by "consultant?" Like, giving inside information? I think this will be hella interesting. Alexis and her family has said SO MUCH negative/true things on Tess, and she hasn't really responded. I'm sure she will be via this project!

LIsa

Doesn't anyone in Hollywood have an original thought? All of the movies out nowadays suck! Who would pay to see a movie about these stupid, pathetic, loser kids? Not me!

Azzkicker

Are the assh*les in hollywood so creatively bankrupt that they think a movie about people stealing from hollywood celebutards will sell? You gotta be kidding. During these tough economic times, with people out of work, out of money, out of their homes, a movie about a bunch of entitled club kids who steal from entitled hollywood celebutards? Nobody outside of hollywood cares one iota about these losers. Guaranteed to fail bigtime at the box office...

tenley

Oh God, Sophia Coppolla can turn even the most exciting idea into the most boring thing ever.

SaraBellum

Sounds about as interesting as watching people pay fines for overdue books at the library.

Throwback kid

Will Sofia also act in the film too? She was so good in Godfather 3, not to mention how pretty she is. If she doesn't act again it is our loss

Freefinger

Sofia Coppola is one of those "I can make movie by riding my parent's name!".

She wasn't good in the Godfather; last year's "Somewhere" was so long and void of everything that a movie should be I was totally pissed at myself for even thinking abou*****ching it.. "A hard-living Hollywood actor re-examines his life after his 11-year-old daughter surprises him with a visit." .. I don't know but I don't think the character did this. He changed some things while his daughter is with him, but nothing more.. She leaves.. We don't think he actually learned or changed something. If he did.. Sofia forgot to film it.. ! Doing a movie about of backyard brats and making them famous is exactly what you should not be doing. Good thing she has daddy's name!

Scotty

It's really hard to like Sofia Coppola, given the hypocrisy of her incredibly privileged upbringing and ridiculous nepotism, and her constant attacks on Hollywood culture. She has had her success handed to her on a silver platter, and yet seems to live in a bubble of delusion!

moso

Why glorify these Dumb Sh@@Itts????? If she decides to make a movie... FINE... But as long as they don't' profit from it!!!

Samuel Smithers

Okay, here's my theory on the constant misspellings: TMZ is deliberately doing it on purpose, to make people feel better about themselves, by catching the obvious mistakes.

Josh

I Googled Tess Taylor and nudes popped up, Boner acheived!

Kari

They look like they were separated at birth!

Observer999

Who checks the spelling on the weekends? it's BURGLAR!

me

I'm not impressed. Her daddy gave her most of her jobs.

zima