Christie Brinkley

Sorry I Blew Off My Taxes

12/5/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christie Brinkley
Christie Brinkley vows to repay the IRS the $500k she owes in back taxes by Wednesday -- telling TMZ, "I regret not paying more attention to my accounting."

Brinkley -- who's worth a frickin' fortune thanks to modeling, infomercials, endorsements and real estate -- was hit with a tax bill to the tune of $531,720 back in November.

Now, the supermodel tells us, "I was surprised to learn of the tax lien filing and took immediate steps to rectify this matter. I discovered the tax lien was the result of an error."

Brinkley adds, "My taxes will be paid in full by Wednesday, December 7th and I expect the tax lien to be released immediately thereafter."

"I regret not paying more attention to my accounting, but I have been, and remain focused on my whole family as both my parents navigate serious health issues."

1002_TAX_PROBLEMS_FOOTER

nuffsaid

Sorry you blew off all those notices too from the IRS before they had to put the tax lien on the house???

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That's chump change to Mrs. Brinkley. And, so what if she's late a few years?

Fat Mike

What';s with the out of focus photo? Is that supposed to make us forget she's now a wrinkly old prune?

shagrath

irresponsible on her part but damn she still looks good...
still dont know how billy joel bagged her to this day
a physical mismatch if you ask me

Rogue Warrior

Christie,
The last thing us men are worried about are your taxes!!!!!!!!!

WellSinceYouDidntAsk

Poor choice of headline. This lady has never "blown off" anyone in her life. No wonder why she can't keep a husband!

jubayer

please don't worry...!Everything will be all right soon. Take care.

Gerri

Screw the IRS.

Blue Lake

Low-life scofflaw. Throw the book at her.

ne_one

She was married to Billy Joel during the time in which his manager embezzled a huge part of their wealth and yet she doesn't pay close attention to her finances? Uhm... ok.

Clemmie

Christie Brinkley is a class act. Taking full accountability that, for most of us, isnt splashed all over the media. She has an astounding career and is a true humanitarian. God bless your parents and thank you for the refreshing honesty.

Kerry

Only a celebrity would get away with this bull**** in America. The rest of us would have been locked up and put in jail by now. Hope you pay the hefty interest penalty also Christie.

J Hayes

This is the perfect example of white trash born with good looks becoming famous purely by accident and then taking advantage of the system. This was no simple oversight on her part. Her history of numerous failed marriages and bizzare antics without having ANY talent at all to speak off speaks volume of her white trash character!!!

amiwright

Why isn't she in jail with Westley Snipes. Ron Isley also went to jail. Here is were the double standards come into play. That's a lame excuse Christie. They would not except it from Wesley who offered for pay it and he also said, it was an accounting problem. Chris Tucker and Bow Wow will be going to jail if they are not careful.

Dresia Vaughn

ALL RICH AND FAMOUS SHOULD PAY THEIR TAXES, JUST LIKE WE ARE EXPECTED TO DO.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments