Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

nunjabusiness

I've been telling brothas for years:
"Don't get married. Just find a biatch you hate ...
and buy her a house!"

FreeWill

umm I don't know why, but I can see him doing all those things!

jeff

Is that a black male with a non black female? I've NEVER seen that before? I'm just playin' I like Terrance Howard. I sure hope this isn't true. He has too much to lose. But if black men don't prefer black women, why would any other race prefer them when their own race doesn't prefer them? WEIRD?

Ms. Scarlet

1. Why did she marry him in the first place? Anyone who looks at him for five minutes could tell that he's the kind of guy who secretly harbors insecurity and then lashes out.
2. Singing naked in the shower? O M G! I doubt anyone would care except that it would be so funny.
3. It's a shame that after L&O:LA got cancelled that this is the thing that keeps TH in the news. Maybe he should resurrect that supposedly-fake feud between himself and Jamie Foxx.
4. Singing in the shower? Really? Damn, damn, damn that's funny!

Muffin30

If he would have got with a sista this would not go down!! She going to want all of his money now!! You can bet that!!! Sorry!!

Suitguy

Anyone know what kind of suit he's rocking?

berna

Question to the the people commenting in favor of Terrance. Do you all know him personally? I know I don't, so I can't say whether he did it or not! Just because you are a celebrity doesn't mean you don't have issues.

Mrs. Gossip

She might be telling the truth or he might be telling the truth, but this has lifetime movie written all over it. Leave this chick dude.

The Truth

I know someone who used to date Terrance Howard and she also tells me about his womanizing ways and how he appeared to threaten her after just dating for weeks. This man is a cheater, liar, and abuser.

Jo

I worked with him in the sound studio for the Frog fairy tale that he did voice on.. he is a jerk.. I heard him on the phone don't know who he was taling to but it was a women and he was completly nasty and mean. Of course I don't know the other side of the conversation, maybe she said something awful to make him so nasty I don't know.. but I would not talk to my worst ememy like he did.. not only did he swear and call her the c word but he threatened to take care of her when he saw her etc.. after I heard this I googled him and found out that he said if he goes to a women's bathroom and they don't have baby wipes and ONLY us toilet paper they are not clean and are dirty .. like women are leaking faucets or something. guy is a huge jerk... hopefully none of my coworkers will regonize me.

Rogue Warrior

She can say he said anything she wants, that's why these crazy women need to talk to the HAND!!!!!!!

Rogue Warrior

Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."
==================

How is the above statement a "violent" act??? Sounds more like a factoid to me.......

marcos

all i can say is asian girls are gold diggers. they are so desperate to marry either a white man or a black man to get citizenship and their money.

Rogue Warrior

I thought Asian women were known for their obedience, WTF happened???

Toilet Paper Makes A Better Hairpiece

A blackman beating and mistreating a woman??? I've never heard of such a thing.

Why stay with him if you're being beaten?

He's not fooling anybody. We know he's another thug/s***bag who's trying to disguise it by wearing a suit.