Nelly

Calls In Sick for

Meet and Greet with Troops

12/10/2011 5:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nelly
Rapper Nelly cancelled a scheduled meet and greet with the troops at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska yesterday after he claimed to be sick.

Nelly performed at Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center in Anchorage on Friday night. But he complained on twitter the next day he had 102 fever and was throwing up ... and eventually said he had to bail on meeting the troops on Saturday.

I apologize 2all the troops and fam 2day n anchorage!been fighting off flu 4fewdays n it caught up2me!after my show sweating n going out!

Nelly's Facebook page was flooded by fans who were disappointed he didn't show up. One even posted a pic (see below) of troops sitting and waiting for him to show ... with the caption, "A few of the hundred, or so, military and their spouses (some who have their significant other deployed) on Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson in Alaska, that you stood up. Not cool!!!"

1210_nelly_trooops_sub
We reached out to Nelly's rep ... no word back.

Jackie

I love this dude....Nelly get well soon.x

kewom

It's amazing how many people turn so negative and rude when things like this happen. If he's sick, he's sick. There's no reason for them to be a bunch of butthurt babies and lash out at him.

Dee

He may have very well been sick. It is that time of year. Stop being so cynical. Get well Nelly.

Angela

yeah, take the day off, it's hard work singing and sweating on stage. nothing like running around in the desert with weapons strapped to your back risking your life every day without a day off. we totally understand Nelly, you deserve a break from all that tough work! poor little guy. smh.

patty

well thats mean - if he's sick, he's sick, all he would have done is given every one there the flu

Doug

If he's sick that's fine. What I'll never understand about
"stars" is why it's sooo hard for them to announce a rescheduling when it was sooo easy for them to cancel. Grow up.

I am Spartacus

If he has 102 fever and is throwing up then he's sick. They'd rather have him show up sick and get everyone else there sick while he's shaking hands and spreading germs.

Its ok to be disappointed but to be upset at him is ridiculous. The guy is sick, get over it.

Kaffee

The troops can risk their lives for this guy and he blows them off? Kind to say he is a real jerk. I think he lied to get our of it.

CJ

Angela they were in Alaska...not the desert.

yeahrightmoron

Considering their jobs, what they & their families go through etc.. How can NOT SEEING A *RAPPER* BE SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT??? He's a human being who's image is plastered on TV & in papers - the guy can't wave a magic wand and stop the terror & fighting and send them all back home for goodness sake.

Amy Smith

Too bad the troops don't get to call in sick when they are on the front lines fighting for our freedom. What a loser!!!

Geovanny

I bet if they where paying him to show up he would of made it. I don't buy that whole sick thing poor way to treat the men and women of the military who risk there lives for everyone including you NELLY!!!!

Seldombinlaid

Going to be some haters, but I've never heard of this gentleman. Could be because of rap though. I'm almost 60. My Dad said Rock and Roll wasn't music. Then I find my old a@@ making the same comment about Rap Music. lol

Arcadia Rink

Get well Nelly!

puddintang

Not a Nelly fan but come on. Have you ever had the flu? It's miserable and you don't want to pass it on to someone if you can avoid it. I suppose they wanted him to show up with body aches, headache,coughing,sneezing,vomiting and diarrhea? Then give it to half the troops he shakes hands with?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments