« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Joe Paterno

I Broke My Hip!

12/11/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1211_joe_paterno_getty_bn
Joe Paterno fell and fractured his pelvis yesterday -- this according to a source close to his family.

The 84-year-old former Penn State football coach -- who's currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment for lung cancer -- was admitted to a local hospital after taking the tumble at his home, but will not need surgery.

He is expected to make a full recovery.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cujeaux

Feels good eh Joe?

mebrat24

pay back is a bitch

TheMachine1

I would thought his very thin backbone would have broke first.

KnuckleDragger

A little pain in the ass never hurt anybody, right, Joe?

Kaffee

Felt nothing for this old man when I read this. Karma..........

patty

well i guess thats it - most ppl don't know that at that age usually the hip breaks first then you fall and very few ppl recover from a broken hip, not even including the chemo - i feel bad for his family, but guess he should have called the police in the begining

por fin

ME LO ESTÁS CONFIRMANDO EH?
OK.... :D

nyc44th

why does TMZ now do these ridiculous headlines like the person is actually saying it? It's becoming more and more like the Star or National Enquirer around here. Posting horrible photos of the people in the story etc is cliche tabloid. Posting headlines this way etc . .

anni

"I broke my hip", dude, you should be worried about your broken soul.....

Louis

For those of you who commented with reckless comments or 'jokes', demonstrating ill-will and malice, it simply goes to show how truly ignorant you are. It amazes me how many people, who until this scandal unfolded, likely did not know who Joe Paterno was, and now act as self-proclaimed experts on his life. The best route to take would be keeping your mouths shut until you know the facts beyond a reasonable doubt. I am a proud Penn Stater, and always will be.

christina

your hip doesn't hurt as much as the poor boys your "friend" was doing in the shower and at home, probably you knew everything. Your actions and non actions are seen whether you are in denial or not. Hope your nurse doesn't like "old men....if you know what I mean......! Why not have Sandusky come and help you....I hear he likes boys.

John

Broken Hip? Maybe you should get a Pocket Anus instead.

WhoCares

Too bad it wasn't his neck!!!!! He's a sorry excuse for a human being.

Leliah

Yea and Sandusky broke stole and molested their mind body and soul.

Verdi e Amarello

Isn't it a bit odd that he suddenly has "non-life threatening" cancer and broke his hip but didn't require surgery? I have a feeling that his reps and family are spinning this info just to create a diversion. We don't want to send an ailing old man to jail for accessory, now do we.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments