« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tim Tebow

God Is Saving the Broncos

... Says Colorado Pastor

12/12/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tim Tebow and Pastor Wayne Hanson
Broncos QB Tim Tebow is winning games because of God, pure and simple ... this according to a pastor at a Colorado church with ties to the Tebow family.

Pastor Wayne Hanson -- who runs Summit Church in Castle Rock, CO where Tim's dad often speaks -- tells TMZ God is actively intervening in Denver Broncos football games ... and aiding Tim on the field because of his strong faith.

Hanson tells us, "It's not luck. Luck isn't winning 6 games in a row. It's favor. God's favor."

Pastor Hanson adds, "God has blessed his hard work."

We asked Hanson if Tebow would be winning games if he wasn't such a strong believer -- and the pastor replied, "No, of course not."

So far, it's the only plausible explanation for this insane Broncos winning streak.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

common sense

Why isnt god helping people that actually need it instead of some rich guy win football games. this religion and all religions are a joke. people need to grow up and face reality. dont know what happens when you die? well what happened before you were born? nothing you wont even know your dead just live with it and enjoy the time now because there is no after life.

Truth

UMM, ISNT THE POPE CATHOLIC??? JUST SAYIN. #TRUTH!!

aquanet

God has much more, and better things to do than worry about Tebow andd football. More religous propaganda.

fgsd

Keep your delusinons in church....religion is for retards...clearly in this case. I'm so sick of hearing about this praying football player. I'm so sick of the jesus freaks attempting to say jesus is why he is a good football player.....talk about delusional. Enough already.....

JJ

It's nice that God is helping the Broncos win football games instead of helping children have dinner tonight. Awesome... get a life Pastor

Obvious

God sez: I can't save your mother from the breast cancer I gave her, but I have all the time in the world to help the Broncos score touchdowns!

ohyesidid

I'm pretty sure that GOD doesn't care if the Broncos win or not, and I'm pretty sure that the TEAM is the reason, pure and simple.

Squag

Damn...and here I am thinking god has more important **** to do than to meddle in the NFL

I am Spartacus

God won't be there to help them this week when Brady and the Pats put 40 on them. Can't show up for 1 quarter against the Pats and expect to win.

Paddy

What kind of God can find the time to even think about whether or not the Bronco's even exist is beyond me. There are "men" killing CHILDREN all over this rotten infested planet and these self centered morons think God has their backs???
B.U.L.S.H.I.I.T.E.

rico

WHAT AN IDIOT. IF YOU BELIEVE THE FAIRYTALE, I DONT THINK GOD CARES WHO WINS A FOOTBALL GAME.TEBOW ,GET A LIFE.....

nebur88

you guys mad?

anony

The Broncos beat the Bears because the Bears have the worst GM in football who does NOT put them in a position to win, only get Tebowed.

Mr. Hudson

Is god paying that large salary? And why did God mess around with dinosaurs and Apes before making humans? I mean...really! "When are people going to realize that the bible was created to build community and decrease widespread panic and fear of death? The book is only 2,000 years old. This so called Heaven must be pretty overcrowded...

lol people

Atleast we can all agree when it comes to tim tebow.

its either luck, or God.

Skill isnt in the equation....

Have noone learned from the broncos during the Josh mcdaniel reign?!?!?! 6-0 then what happened????

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments