Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Bethy

There's nothing terribly wrong with these photos. I lost my daughter at 24 weeks. She was born premature and passed away about an hour later. I have photographs of her. They also made me plaster casts of her hands and feet. They are beautiful reminders. People who are disturbed by seeing a 2nd trimester baby clearly haven't had to deal with that kind of a loss.

ebeezy

these people are sick, it's not their fault but it shows the flaws of their religion and showbiz

A mother

Oh PLEASE!! This time you've really gone too far, TMZ. You blur out photos of a baby's FEET? Are you kidding me?!?! Could you be any more blatantly obvious about your liberal agenda? I've suffered a miscarriage myself (at 3 months pregnant), and I don't find the photos disturbing in the slightest--only heartbreaking and touching, and beautiful in a very sad way. Good for the Duggars for wanting to remember and celebrate this precious human being who was lost.

Well, there's one thing I'm glad about: I will no longer be wasting my time on this ridiculous excuse for a web site. There is nothing offensive about the Duggars' photos except your handling of them.

Sarcia

Hm... It does make you wonder why the Duggars didn't take a picture of the first baby they lost? The one Michelle claimed she miscarried due to birth control pills. Where's that dead fetus pictures of it foot and hands? Did they have a funeral for that dead baby on camera? Nope, could it be b/c they didn't have a reality TV show back then? 21 babies with two dead and she's not at all finish. Michelle will try again to make up for the one she just loss.

I bet there's more to the story then the Duggars are letting on. I bet the Doctor told Michelle if she carry that baby to term she would surely die and the baby too. It's either her or the baby and I bet they ended that baby life. That's just the kind of creepy backward kind of freaks they are.

Having all those babies and blaming it on God, profitting off God name. It's just wrong! God may bless your baby but he doesn't give you babies, that's something you have to have sex to get-- without sex or medical science, no BABIES!

Michelle and Jim Bob when asked will they have any more babies? Their answer was we leave that up to God. Jim Bob changed that on the Today's show and said he'll leave that up to Michelle. Even big weird Josh is repeating-- when asked the same question about his stepford wife. LOL

The whole thing is just to weird for me, that's why I stop watching them long time ago, back in 2009 and haven'*****ch since. Look at their son arm to the max with all kinds of firearms taking pictures like he's going to war. Jim Bob and Michelle made excuses (We go duck, deer, beer and squirrel hunting)Have you ever tasted squirrel meat, Michelle say. You shoot God little creatures, killing and eating them Michelle? Jim Bob say, the guns weren't loaded... What do Christians need guns for? Jesus may have supplied the hungers with fish but God never killed a living soul.

Denise

I think some people are upset because you clearly see that it was a baby and a glob of cells. The photo shoots straight through the heart of people who agree with abortion.

samme21

That is the saddest, most depressing thing i have ever seen. They just need to stop. People talk about how horrible the Kardashians are and they are in their own way but this is worse than anything they have ever done. They are prectically exploiting their dead, underdeveloped child. TMZ, you should reallt take this down and this family needs to go away.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Wow.. so the idiots that have 19 kids are mentally f*cked in the head? Shocking.

ashley

I don't think TMZ should take it down, because now we know how ****** up these people are and the need to be ******* locked away!

Sarcia

I disagree, this has nothing to do with abortion or miscarriage. This has to do with exploiting and profiting off an innocent dead fetus. It's sick and down right mean... Duggars aren't about religion, the Duggars are about one thing MONEY and they would exploit their sick baby to a child fallen down a 12 ft hole, a dead father and fetus when it comes to it. It's cruel!

marty

if you didn't think that they were strange before, there ya' go!

kristine

my sainted mother who loved and feared the Lord, is in her grave now doing rabid somersaults over this.
may God forgive them for exploiting their baby.

kristine

please ignore the so called duggar christians. im a christian. i am horrified and i want to puke!

they dont know God

IceGypsy

Didn't look at the photos. Don't think the photos should be posted on a news site of any kind. No one needs to see that.

jlc

My biggest issue lies with the "family member" who initially posted these photos to their Twitter account--shouldn't some things be kept private?

rdhmommy

I would never do that. That is me though. They need to see this a sign for God. When will she stop?