« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

I'm Getting Divorced

12/17/2011 5:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0923-deion-sanders-pilar-getty-ex
Deion Sanders and his wife Pilar are getting divorced ... Sanders tells TMZ.

In a statement, the NFL Hall of Famer tells us, "Pilar and I have decided to end our marriage and move on to the next phase of our individual lives with mutual respect. We are friends and our top priority has and will continue to be the well-being of our children."

He continues, "We arrived at this decision prayerfully and carefully in order to be able to pursue what is in both of our best personal interests."

Deion and Pilar married in 1999 and they have three children together.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bring back recent posts

WARNING WARNING WARNING..ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

havok

Pilar may be a diva b*t ch, but she is fine as hell.

Kàt

No one takes their marriage seriously anymore. What do they expect? Honeymoon everyday? Do they not know that if they try and endure the tough times it makes for a stronger marriage? I should know......I've been there for 32 years.

Jack

Call me Pilar. As long as you agree not to talk we could have a great time together. Maybe you could even wear that outfit you wore pumping gas, delicious.

Mikey

First thing Deion Sanders said when he heard Kobe was back on the market - 'I'm getting divorced, everyone back off, Kobe's mine.'

writenow

So is it that people don't Get that marriage is about supporting each other and the family? Why bother getting married and have a bunch of kids and then decide their Personal interests aren't being fulfilled by their Partner? Duh. Oh well, at least they didn't kill the kids. That's always nice.

AntiSocialForum.com

Tis the season

ray

must be a virus going around among sports stars

Yurra Knutz

NO NO NO! Say it aint so Deion! Oh wait, how does this affect me? Do I care who gets what? Any cash for me in this deal? On second thought, I stand to gain nothing from sticking my nose into their biz do I? Nope? Screw it then. HA!!

two selfish people

Simone

Wow, TMZ. All this divorce news is seriously sobering me to the reality that I better stop holding onto some fantasy that one day I'll get married/be in a lasting relationship, and that instead I should just be happy being alone.

ontamin100

holy f**k. .. .another one!

Jay W.

A lot of divorces during the Holidays this year... It's the most wonderful time of the year... with kids jingle belling and everyone saying "be of gooooooooood chheeeeer." lol

URSilly

All of these divorces. No one works on a marriage anymore or holds it sacred.

HAHAHA

Congratulations brotha! My advice:Stay away from tha sistas and welcome to the world on normal sized vaginas!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments