« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Not as Rich as You Think

12/17/2011 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1216_kobebryant_getty_EXTMZ has learned ... contrary to news reports about Kobe Bryant's wealth -- the BBaller's net worth is approximately $150 million, according to sources in a direct position to know.

Sources intimately familiar with the situation tell us ... the $150 mil accounts for real estate holdings, stock, cash and other assets.

The figure is far less than news reports which set Kobe's fortune north of $400 million.  But the $150 mil figure is the accurate one.

TMZ broke the divorce story and the fact that Kobe and Vanessa DO NOT HAVE A PRENUP.   Given that the marriage has lasted more than a decade and the pre-marriage assets are commingled with what was accumulated during the marriage, the assets are distributed based on the community property laws of California -- which means a 50/50 split.

Kobe and Vanessa have already struck a financial settlement, but she was in a good position to get half of the pie.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Shay

She is entitled to half because once you are married, you become as one. There is no more mine and yours. Everything is ours. People shouldn't get married if they aren't ready to live this way. Kobe may have cheated, I don't know cause I wasn't there. I don't feel sorry for her because she only married him because he was Kobe the Laker. She wouldn't have married him if he had been Kobe the plumber. She is a gold digger plain and simple. Stop feeling sorry for her and telling her she could do better. No she can't.

Sweetmissy

He is getting exactly what he deserves!!! I DON'T feel sorrry for him at all.. Stick with your own

desire

kobe you shud have signed a pre-nip but yeah thats messed up how she get everything you worked hard for her and her moms a bi*** and some gold diggers take care of your kids not her and kick her mova ass out ur crib who the fu** is she

G

"Not as rich as you may think"?? How is 150 mil not rich?? Thats all the rich he needs to be for me to think he's rich. I tell you what. When he lives paycheck to paycheck like most of us then I'll say he's not as rich as I thought! These athletes should not be making anymore than a DOCTOR or the President anyway. They don't save any lives or run any countries. Then again, some people think the job Barack has done is only worth a minimum wage salary anyway. But hey, what can you do?

ihateGayPeople

i still dont understand how she is allowed to take half of what he earned. someone pleace explain

DRAKE

Kobe bout to lose A hunded fifty M's
Kobe my ***** I hate it happened to him.
Bitch you wasn't wit me shootin in da Gym.
BITCH YOU WASNT WIT ME SHOOTIN IN DA GYM!!-DRIZZY

DORIS TAYLOR

Therock I am rollin at your comment, you'll are too funny up here.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8