Lady Gaga Lawsuit

Whiney Assistant Claims Gaga

Demanded Towel After Shower!

12/25/2011 7:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lady GagaIn what reads like one of the biggest sour grapes lawsuits of the year, Lady Gaga's former assistant claims she was a slave to the singer, having to do such unconscionable things as fetching a towel for her after she showered, and keeping GG on schedule!

Jennifer O'Neill says in her lawsuit ... she worked for Gaga for 13 months, and is owed $380,000 in overtime.  O'Neill says in her suit her job included "ensuring the promptness of a towel following a shower and serving as a personal alarm clock to keep [Gaga] on schedule."

O'Neill claims she had to cater to Gaga in "stadiums, private jets, fine hotel suites, yachts, ferries, trains and tour buses."

And, O'Neill says, she was required to be at Gaga's beck and call at her "earliest waking hour."

O'Neill is suing for the $380k -- which represents 7,168 hours of overtime during the 13 months.

Gaga is not a defendant.  O'Neill is suing Mermaid Touring Company, which Gaga uses for concerts and what not.

Gaga's rep told the New York Post the suit is "completely without merit."

See also

ddb

I love how TMZ tries to make Gaga sound like she's normal in the headline. The woman is suing to be paid for the amount of hours she worked making sure Gaga had a towel. Yes, most ofthe tasks listed are things an assistant should do, but to expect them at your beck and call 24/7, they should be compensated for that. If the assistant agreed to $75k to be there 24/7, she should get nothing. But if the agreement covered a standard work week of 35-40 hours, and the need for towels to be brought went beyond that, then pay the woman.
I don't know about any of you all, but I get a towel before I go into the shower. I don't need to get someone to get it for me.

Joe

A totally valid labor law suit. Assistants are paid a very minimal sum, to work 24 hour days. Most people don't understand what they are getting into. Legally, she is entitled to the pay that she is suing for, because she worked the hours required by the job. Personal Assistants are not exempted from overtime and labor laws. If you work them 24 hours a day, you have to pay them for all those hours, all the double time and sixth/seventh days. Assistants are not slaves.

Joao

I didn't understand when first I read it. Essentially, this chick is upset that she had to work. Makes sense to me, she was either misled or she was under the impression that she didn't have to do anything. That would bother me too. I'd love to find a job that I'd make decent money fly around the world, stay in nice hotel, great food and do absolutely NOTHING. That would be awesome.

get a life ho

This worker should also sue for "HAZARD PAY" if she had to see that scank naked .,.,.,ehhhh

Luke

So it seems like the assistant was making around $53 dollars in overtime an hour. If I could make that much I would easily put up with the demands of a retarded attention whore like lady moron.

Annony Mouse

It is "beckon call", not "beck and call". If you are going to be in journalism, please be a guardian of the English language.

annonymous

It is "beckon call", not "beck and call".
If you are going to be in journalism, please guard the English language.

mark

Wow. Handing towels and waking up the woman she is working for ~ such hard tasks. I think she doesn't know the meaning of what an assistant is. Good Lord...

KentMonster

That would mean over 18 hours of overtime each day. Obviously Gaga kept her so occupied she had no time to brush up her math skilss.

he's a creep

hello? did you not sign up for a job? - can you speak - use your mouth - and quit - and I'll take your job. it's just that ez. so run along, move over lazy a--es, a person who knows work is work is here; to work.

Jake

Where do I apply to be Lady Gaga's new "After-shower towel fetcher"?

EricaJxx

Ummm, okay, there is some1 in this world that doesn't want to hand this b.itch a towel after a shower? I hate her current music but with a bag on her head and quiet, we're gravy!

Mike

7168 hours overtime over 13 months = 18 hours overtime per day... +40 hours standard work week means that she worked 168 hours per week, which is exactly how many hours there are in a week.

In other words, this person worked 24 hours per day every day for 13 months. Poor girl. Didn't even get to sleep.

Marshall

What a bitter ****!

arale norimaki

Hey Jennifer O'Neill what is the most humiliating job you can think of

Being YOUR assistant.