Maria Shriver

Second Thoughts

About Divorcing Arnold

12/26/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_maria_shriver_arnold_getty_EX1

Maria Shriver
is telling friends she's now unsure if she wants to divorce Arnold Schwarzenegger ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Maria is torn, partly because of her strong religious beliefs that do not include divorce.

Making matters even more complicated -- we're told Arnold still desperately wants Maria back, and has been "extremely sweet" to her and has made numerous gestures -- which include presents -- to win Maria back.

Maria filed for divorce on July 1, though she moved out months earlier.  She's already bought a mansion in Brentwood, CA, which she's in the process of renovating.

0809_arnold_maria_footer

M.T.

Move on Maria, don't waste your one precious life on someone who will never love you...God does not want that for you.

John

Your religion may not be real, but the kid is.

Denise

I too was in what I thought was a Good Marriage and was betrayed. Because I was in Love and My religious beliefs I gave him a second chance. I think she should too. Besides, Men don't grow up until they are in their late 50's. Maybe he has learned his lesson and has grown up! I didn't regret my decision!!

Tina

A man is a man is a man. Forgive Arnold and get back to family - it's never perfect but love and family is too precious to let go of.

perry

I'LL BE BACK

marc-fritz thelemaque

love is a strong feeling,arnold and maria still in love.
arnold deserves another chance,he is always talk about her,
mistakes are made,but love is invariable.their a unit,a good
couple whom needs to be togheter to see their children growing

Donna

No she should not take him back... not only did he have an affair but he had unprotected sex, putting her at risk for disease :(

Christine Beau

Yes, she should hold on to what is hers.Her childern need their father.He was honest enough to tell her and she is truly a christian to have had them in their home.How many Women or Man who claim to be (CHRISTAIN TELL THEIR SPOUSE OF A MISTAKE TO SAVE A CHILD).

Jackie

I can understand religious beliefs but come on! Arnold fathered a love baby and kept it hidden for what...13 years?
Maria you're better than this...get rid of the slug....

Luv2cook2

If she takes him back she's a fool and deserves whatever happens next.

anita

ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Because of her religious beliefs, what about setting an example for your kids!!!! women make me sick!

Alicia

If she takes him back, it has to be conditional. The No 1 condition being that his penis has to be cut off.

sharron

Has he been in counselling yet for the latent hate his actions showed toward Maria? Look on the inside, girl. He was smearing you for years in your own bedroom with your own clothes on your own marriage bed with another woman who was just under your nose. That he can be such an actor all the time indicates pathology to me...not pity. Beware!!!

cedric

no she need me !

kinita.kaye

Forgive him..as God is so generous to forgive sinners when they ask forgiveness in Prayer..divorce is not the answer.. Arnold and Maria had received the blessed sacrament of matrimony..Maria u had a stable life with Arnold..those mistakes are just trials in life and not from God. when u pray ..God comforts u..and will speak to your mind and heart..that's why there's an option for u not to go on with divorce..GO GO GO TAKE HIM, WE LOVE ARNOLD FOR U MARIA..LET PEOPLE TALK AGAINST U BOTH..THEY ARE JUST VERY HAPPY TO DESTROY A STABLE COMFORTABLE LIFE ARNOLD PROVIDED YOU AND CHILDREN AND HE IS OUR GREAT IDOL OVER HERE..BE HAPPY LIFE IS SO SHORT AND WE DONT EVEN OWN OUR LIFE..ONLY GOD IS THE OWNER..THANK YOU MARIA IF YOU CARE TO HEAR OUR ADVICES.