'Fresh Prince' Star

RIPS WILL SMITH

I'll Never Reunite w/ that 'A**hole'

12/27/2011 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The woman who played the original Aunt Viv on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" says there's a damn good reason she wasn't at a recent reunion dinner with the rest of the Banks family -- she HATES Will Smith.

15 years after the show went off the air ... Janet Hubert tells TMZ, she's still upset with the way she was fired from the show ... and blames the whole thing on Smith himself.

"There will never be a reunion ... as I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith," Hubert said.

1227_fresh_prince_facebook_dateShe adds, "He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn't know the word."

Hubert has said in the past she believes Smith is to blame for her departure in the middle of the show's run -- claiming he turned on her because she wouldn't kiss his butt.

But Smith refuted the claims after Hubert left the show in 1993 -- telling an Atlanta radio station Hubert simply had a bad attitude which played a major role in her demise.

Smith told the radio station, "[Hubert] said once, 'I've been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.' No matter what, to her I'm just the AntiChrist."

We called Smith for comment -- so far, no response.

annie

The first aunt viv had grace and style, I especially like the episode when she was did a dance number in an attempt to get a part as a dancer in pretend gig on the show Althought supposed accepted for the role, she realized she was older and didn't need to prove herself then declined the role. That was good acting. As hurtful as it is it is true. Although she was attractive they wanted the white pretty, the more like white pretty. That is why the second Aunt Viv was okay. I had hoped for a better ending for the 1st Aunt Viv still rooting for you/us.

Michelle

In my opionion, Janet Hubert should of been grateful to be on such a successful sitcom. I watched her story on "Life After" ,and even on there she honestly seem to still hold a grudge. She seem bitter. All these years later. That says a lot about her character. I think what she and many forget the show was created around Will Smith. Obviously, he was the star. It seemed to me, like she wanted more recognition and felt like her presence was bigger and should of been given more recognition. Not, you know how many actress would of killed to have been giving the opportunity to be on a big show like that. I heard her say Will Smith would play rap music in his dressing room and tell jokes . Okay he was 18 when the show started. What do you expect? I don't think he owes her no apology at all. Quincy Jones and Will Smith gave her a great opportunity. If it was not for the show no one would even know who she was. So I disagree with people saying she deserves an apology. She personally acted like she was jealous of him being so young and becoming such a big success. Will Smith can't be that bad, because no one else on the show is saying all this. Even if his head got a little big , that is normal for a young teen star. But she should of been mature enough to see past that and look at the bigger picture.

Timothy Brandt

I think Aunt Viv was so attractive/classy She sure as hell should be paid alot more then she apparently recieved....So do the right thing....

Babar kallon

Mr Smith a nice gentleman,he deserve more respect..

dee

Will Smith was a kid and Janet Hubert was an adult. And how old are you now Janet and calling Will an ********? Really Janet and how long has that been,uh 15 years? Really? It seems to me you Janet Hubert have issues and you probably had them then as well. It doesn't seem unlikely that you were a hard to get along with actress. You were probably the diva with the attitude and what did it get you? It got you of*****reat show. So you rolled the dice and lost. It was called the "Fresh Prince not aunt VIV's show. I liked both aunt Vivs but moved on to cont to enjoy the show when the first one left and that is what Janet Hubert needs to do. Move on! I mean really carrying a grudge for 15 years. Juvenile i think.It's so much easier to forgive and spread love than that hateration you are spreading. All of the cast members with the exception of you have embraced having been a part of the show. Strange? So as we look toward 2012 i have had enough of you and your whining over spilt milk that you knocked over when people are facing joblessness and homelessness. Get over it and get on with it damn it!

DEE

Will was a kid then and she was an adult. Damn Janet....how long has it been, ugh 15 years?! That's a long time to habor hate, i mean really. I kinda believe that you might have been the difficult to get along with Diva that felt she was entitled. Your comments certainly hint to that. Let it go. It's easier to spread love and forgive than to work at hate. Out of the entire cast you are the only one that doesn't get along...why? You need to do some soul searching and and analyze the fact that it probably was you and your attitude. I mean 15 years later ...you are calling Will Smith an ********. And how old are you? Juvenile i think. You rolled the dice and you lost and it's true that what you put out is what you get. Heading to 2012...i am sick of hearing your sob story when people are jobless and otherwise. Next!

phimuskapsi

I can't believe how scary "Hillary" looks. Good god, she's like a free standing skeleton.

A good question about the grudge? Who the f cares? The show ENDED in what '96??

Ernest De Brew

I understand how she feels.

But, I would still work it out and make peace with Will and everyone else. Then, I can move forward with a better high paying job and other benefits.

One thing about life is that you cannot let anyone or anything bring or keep you down. You are only hurting yourself when you keep yourself in the dark.

Alarmed

It's easier for her to lash out at Smith than it is to have a look at her own behaviour. I used to work in the film industry in Australia and while I didn't work with Smith personally, quite a few friends of mine did work with him on a video he made here while his wife was doing the 2 final Matrix films. All of them said he was the loveliest man who went out of his way to be friendly with everyone on set and these are people who do not tend to get starstruck.

gayforliztaylor

aww, leave willy alone. it will swim away with its greedy, cringe-inducing kids.

Pat

Instead of wasting 15 precious years being bitter, she could have gotten herself a BETTER JOB that didnt involve a popular rap or pop star. The show was centered around Will Smith and the younger cast NOT the adults. It was for a young audience. There are plenty of roles out there that could have showed off her own talents better than being on a show with teens where most of the adult cast take a back seat. No excuses "Aunt Viv." Pick yourself up and start over! If Betty White can have a smashing career in her 80's surely you can too!

Pat

Lady, you're NOT the 1st actress to be fired from a show! This show centered around Will Smith and the younger cast, NOT THE ADULTS. Instead of wasting all of the energy being angry and bitter for 15 freaking years you could have spent it looking for a BETTER ROLE for yourself that didnt involve a pop star? What a waste of time!

levin

well i have meet will smith back in the 90 egomaniac in new york .and have known many star egomaniac' sound like most star that ans singer that i know .. is not to be a put down .question is who has not grown up Janet Louise Hubert that who ...we dont need her is the show

crissyred

good for Hubert! I will never pay a dime to watch anything Will Smith does, he's just so gross! Some big time celebs get a kick out of lording it around everyone in their presense. I can't wait until Jada finally gives Smith the his walking papers.

Mochasprinkles

I thought she was replaced bcuz she was pregnant at that time? Well at least that's what she said awhile ago. Now all of a sudden Will Smith is an "*******"