'Precious' Star Mo'Nique

Sues Landlord

My House Smells Like Dog Crap!

12/30/2011 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1229_monique-hicks_getty_ex
Academy Award-winning "Precious" actress Mo'Nique is suing her landlords in Georgia -- demanding she be let out of her $22,000-a-month rental contract ...because her house smells like dog feces.

Mo'Nique filed the papers in Fulton County in response to her landlords' lawsuit -- which claims the actress bailed on her two-year lease agreement, signed in March, and owes $370,000 in unpaid rent and other charges.

But Mo says it's all crap ... literally ... insisting there's a damn good reason she's walking out on the rental contract -- the house stinks of dog feces, wet dog, and urine (of unknown origin) ... not to mention an overflowing septic tank.

But it doesn't end there -- according to Mo'Nique, the house also had a bad mold problem and the security gate was busted.

Mo'Nique claims she struck a verbal agreement with the landlords, allowing her to renege on her contract with 60 days notice because of all the problems -- but Mo' claims her landlords aren't living up to their word.

It's unclear if Mo'Nique has since moved out. Calls to both sides have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

LORRAINE

SUPPOSELY AFTER SHE RECD. HER AWARD FROM PRCIOUS SHE DISMISSED HER FAMILY INCLUDING MOTHER AND DAD FROM HER LIFE BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN HER BROTHER AND HER, HER HOUSE IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT STINKS. WHY IS SHE RENTING ANY HOW?

Kay-Kay

Wait a min...she owns dogs!!! WTF? you are suppose to take your dogs OUTSIDE when they need to go! and RENT?...WTH...as long as you been on TV you don't own a home? LOL...pay your landlord girl and quit playing games! Just GETTO!!!

Truth_hunter

Don't feel bad Mo I'm going through it with my landlord too. He's trying to sew me for 5,000 in damages because he doesn't want to come and fix my sink there has been a strong sewage smell coming from my kitchen sink I requested to be fixed back in October, and since this new landlord took over he has been giving me and fiance hell. We've been there 2 years no problem, then this SOB comes in and just tries to evict us refuses to take our rent, that I still have, all because he doesn't want to fix the sink, and because I contacted the BBB, and Health department, and threatened to place my funds in escrow, now here it is in the middle of winter, and I have to try to move with an eviction on my record, these slumlords I'm telling you.

fl

Let me get this straight, Monique looses her show, then tries to bail on her rent and at that time she has a counter suit for smells that didn't occur since last March? Hmmmm... sounds like another down and out celeb and sounds like she is trying to save her name by slaughtering someonee else's. Nothing like class Monique... nothing.

DevilishDivaKLR

Finds it humorous that the photo they chose to use of her here is old, yet so many ppl choose to comment on her weight. Not that it should matter since it has no bearing on the article, but since so many feel the need to comment on that tid-bit I just thought I'd mention it since she actually HAS lost a substantial amount of weight. Worst show since Arsenio Hall? Arsenio Hall's show was on for 5 years...far from the worst show imo lol. Since Atlanta isn't her home town, job or not at the time, maybe she didn't want to own something there, especially since her show was just starting and not a definite. Lots of celebs choose to rent over buying, seriously not that big of a deal. It kills me how many people just say things that have absolutely nothing to do with what is being presented. Go ahead and gobble-up this gospel known as TMZ (that's me being facetious). I mean if there IS a septic leak causing a stench, that doesn't matter apparently because hey, she's fat and needs to eat a salad...ughhh.

Missy

This sounds to me like a classic case of a lazy ass not wanting to pay her bills. She's not that talented of an actress, maybe she should 'act" like a normal human, own up to her responsibilities and pay up!

PorkypineKisser

I lived not far from the house she rented and it is a beautiful mansion and worth what she pays. She just can't afford living there without a job. So she would rub her own ass on the carpet to make it stink like a dog and then blame someone else like the landlord. I feel sorry for the landlord who rented to this two legged, irresponsible DOG. Any judge should be able to see through this scam this loser is trying to pull.

happycamper

You looked at and walked through the house and property several times before you moved in (everyone does, no one signs a lease without it) So its very obviious to everyone that you are just trying to scam your landlord with some lousy excuse. A legal lease cannot be broken. Why don't you just pay out the remainder of the lease and move out if you can't afford it or just want to live somewhere else. Just be honest. NO wonder BET fired you, you are a con artist and from I have heard and read, an impossible diva to work with.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6