Sofia Vergara

Heroic Maneuvers in Vegas

During Casino Emergency

1/4/2012 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sofia VergaraSofia Vergara began 2012 by rushing to the aid of a young woman who collapsed on the floor of a Las Vegas casino ... TMZ has learned.

The "Modern Family" star was leaving Hyde nightclub at the Bellagio around 3 AM on New Year's Day ... when Sofia saw a woman hit the deck.

Sources at the scene tell us ... Sofia and a girlfriend rushed over to the woman to help. We're told Sofia's friend had medical training and was seen checking the woman's pulse.

Both Sofia and her friend tried to keep the woman calm ... and waited by her side until security personnel and paramedics arrived to the scene. We're told the woman was eventually transported to a nearby hospital.

A rep for Sofia had no comment on the situation ... but we do ... BAD. ASS.

gutsygirl

Sophia is simply perfect!

Rhubino

Good story, but why the crazy pic? Do you just choose to use wacky pics for the sake of it? I don't get it.

Googie

One more reason to like Sophia even more. Sophia is smart, sexy, funny, classy & always a lady.

Mumra the Ever Living

She did a very nice thing to help that woman. One thing though - next time leave out the picture that makes her look like an idiot - may I suggest a pic of her on the beach with her prodigious tatas hanging out?

jeff

Remind me if I see her to pretend to faint and hope she puts my head in her chest, she's great.

daQueen

starting 2012 with saving a life?

cant she be anymore amazing?!

Sin D

LOVE this lady ! I almost faint everytime I See her too!

Pongo

How is this 'heroic' or 'bad ass?' Good on Sophia for being a decent human being willing to stick around and provide comfort to someone who is having trouble, but that is not 'heroic,' and I doubt she would characterize it that way herself. Have we so little faith in the character of our celebrities that every time they act like decent (normal) human beings, we have to elevate it to the status of heroism? Good grief, she sat next to a woman who had collapsed while her friend held the woman's wrist to check for a pulse. Very nice, very comforting, but not heroic--and nothing approaching 'bad ass.'

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Damn - I should have faked an incident - maybe Sofia would give me mouth to mouth.

linwoodj004

Not exactly saving a life. But, it's great to see that she jumped in to help rather than turn away. She's a true starlet and deserves every bit of good fortune that she gets. And, I saved my beautiful comment for last. But she's super sexy.

Kat

THAT is heroic? THAT is badass? You need to check your dictionary. THAT was a bare minimum of common courtesy, is what you should have said...

Mason H

She didn't do anything, how's that bad ass? Her friend is the one with the medical training and the one who helped... The best Sophia could have offered was emergency breast feeding!

peoplearesilly

Who was the friend? What IS HER NAME? Sounds like she did more, yet by your story, only Sofia is heroic? That's bull****.

London Vik

Sooo, the REAL hero was her friend?

Criss

I'm so in love with her!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments