Rob Lowe

ABC Eyeing Him to Replace Reeg

On 'Live' With Kelly Ripa

1/6/2012 11:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Lowe could be Regis Philbin's replacement ... if ABC has its way.

Lowe just finished a two-day stint, guest hosting with Kelly Ripa and an ABC source says the honchos "loved the chemistry between them." We're told network execs have spoken with Lowe's reps about making it a permanent gig, but Lowe -- who already has a job on "Parks and Recreation" -- is non-committal.

But we just shot Rob leaving NYC at JFK airport. Our camera guy asked him, "Do you think you could live in New York?"

Rob replied: "We were just talking about that. I love New York. I love the energy. It would be a change of pace. I'm a California boy, but it could be fun."

0906_remembering_regis_footer

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I can't believe people are STILL hiring this spoiled, child molesting idiot. America has no shame!

EDITA ON STEROIDS

he has a career so he shouldnt do what kelly did, she had a dying acting career. he is great on parks and rec and should stay there.

R

Are you kidding me? He is absolutely way prettier than she is and she'd never stand for that. And, Rob, don't get sucked into the va**** of this one hour talk show which really is over after the initial 15 minutes or so of the hosts' chit chat. Run, Rob, run!

R

That edited word would be V A C U U M.

jane

If the man is smart he'll get as far away from Ripa as possible. She is such "ME" person that eventually she'll stab him in the back . I have never seen a person hog conversation so badly and her "funny" gets on my nerves. I miss Regis...he should have stayed and they could have replaced Kelly....easily.

BB in CA

I wish I'd seen it but I do love Rob Lowe so I would definitely check it out. Of course Jared Leto is a CA boy too; if he were hosting, I wouldn't miss it! ;)

Scrivener

The Mark Consuelos option would be much smarter from both a programming and a marketing standpoint. First, it would be appealing to the family values crowd and to Hispanics. Secondly, it would attract viewers who will be subconsciously asking each day the familiarity-breeds-contempt question: "How long before these two get on each other's nerves?"

moveover

They need something real quick! Kelly's a lightweight and incredibly annoying. She isn't going to be able to hold that show for long. If they can get a strong personality to take Regis's place, maybe they can salvage the show.

Tinalouise

Kelly has quickly become the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard for me. It's all "me me me" with her and no one can get a word in while she is around. Gelman needs to step in and let her know that when you have a guest host it might be nice to let THEM talk for a freaking minute!! Not to mention she has turned in to a real bitch, i hated the way she made fun of Regis and i feel as if it was also her that pushed him out the door.

Sandra

Can't stand the guy!! Kelly is too focused on herself and the cutesy act has caused me to avoid watching this pathetic excuse for morning T.V.!!!

carina

Who wouldn'*****ch? This would be a dream come true!

Heather

I think they should get Nick Lachey. They have always been good together.

cassandra

I thought he was boring and awkward

lynn

Turn the channel if you don't like her. That's what I did with david Letterman. I liked Wayne Brady when he was on in the past, but they should continue to have guest anchors, and include other women too-nice change of pace.

Kaffee

Like Rob Lowe, but nobody can really replace Regis Philbin. Also--Kelly Ripka shouldn't be on TV--No Talent there!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments